cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
Anonymous User
Not applicable

A lack of Boost support, both for video and audio, is not only unacceptable, it’s an insult to NowTV subscribers. It would be the only platform without full NowTV capabilities. Given that this beta farce has been going on for so long now there can be no excuse for the missing facilities. App integration and other bells and whistles are all fine and dandy, but consistently of service is the watchword here. But if these features don’t serface, it will be pretty telling on both the quality of developers that Sky/NowTV use and the contempt that Sky holds its customers in, which I suppose shouldn’t come as a surprise.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Exactly, that’s why I left Sky 10 years ago and only use NowTV very occasionally. I begrudge giving them my money.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Guess we will see tomorrow if they launch the updated app according to twitter it was before monday can't see them launching over the weekend so if it's coming it will be tomorrow.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I e just been told that they aren’t doing Black Friday deals this year and it’s only with retailers, that’s great considering most of them are closed
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I noticed at lunch time that the NowTV Twitter account said that the Apple TV update had been delayed, and I’m disappointed to login now and no one seems to have lost their stomach linings about it... take a peek. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Lol delayed.
nst
Elite

Laughable.

Im usually more level headed about this but really...

I just saw the 'delayed' tweet.

Now, this is todays reply to someone asking about the AppleTV app.  yesterdays said by end of the month.

The left hand really doesn't know what the right hand is doing there, does it.  Any replies from the NowTV Help Twitter account are generally misinformed anyway.

If, as from today, the previously twice promised end of month has not become 'delayed' then its just become an embarrassing joke that they can't get their **** together to get this long delayed app released to the public.

Technical issues?? what further technical issues could there be for goodness sake.  

On the bright side.... is this real?  is this correct?  I take everything with a pinch of salt.  Could it still magically appear by Monday?  maybe.  Could it still appear by end of Autumn (21st dec) probably...

Has anyone been bothered enough to ask the trials manager whats happening?  I can't be to be fair...

But I guess as ever its here when its here.

Just embarrassing now though to be honest.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@nst 

The only way there could be technical glitches at this point is if there is a new build surely.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ha, that was my tweet they replied to today. 
sorry to be the harbinger of further disappointment. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

No problem it is just a joke every other company across the world who does streaming seems to be fully behind the AppleTV apart from NowTV it is just so bizarre even there parent company NBC/Comcast are behind it with Peacock.