cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nst
Expert 3

Re: Update Now TV app for apple TV

Another update.

My tweet was replied to.  No surprise but the 'reinstall the app' advice was completely wrong as they apparently HAVE NOT implemented 5.1 audio.

I got the same response which is that they are working on it.... but this has been the case since goodness knows when.  We were certainly told this same thing in December.

So i replied asking them to pass on to the dev team that I would like to know the problem here and that until 5.1 is implemented some boost subscribers still can't use the app.  Also why is it ONLY nowTV who 'cant' have 5.1 when all the other streaming services manage it and then some.

0 Thanks
Simonpaddy1
Scholar 2

Not much new to add, but I spent the best part of two years moaning that we didn't have so....hat tip, thanks very much.

0 Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Enapace

So do we take it that now we have Apple TV intergration other things will follow and hopefully Now isn’t so pro Amazon.
0 Thanks
Enapace
Expert 2

@Anonymous User 

Err it does lol I haven’t even put my Apple TV Box on this month been using my Firestick and my PS5

0 Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Enapace

With obviously the exception to Netflix, it is nice to be able to search for a film in the Apple TV app and not have to search now tv and Netflix separately now.

If they could just sort the sound out now and maybe add a bit of top row and the remote features I think were pretty much there.

Yeah just needs the 5.1 sound now, then I’d be reasonably happy with it
0 Thanks
lankysi
Advocate

It only needs 5.1 to make this app useable now.  I'm tired of NOW Help Team's generic responses to my queries on Twitter.  They know we're not in the '80s right?  Stereo sound?!!!

Integration with the TV app is a step in the right direction so fingers crossed...

0 Thanks
nst
Expert 3

@dr_necessitor @lankysi 

Heres the thing...  you are both 100% correct and I agree wholeheartedly.

Im happy, and somewhat surprised to see TV integration and its made a huge difference to the apps usability in the context of the AppleTV box.

It is so nice to be able to have my Sky shows and movies in my main 'up next' queue along with all my other shows from BBC, ITV, C4, C5, Amazon Prime, Britbox, UKTV, and Disney+.  (COME ON NETFLIX STOP BEING SO STUBBORN).

Anyway, back on topic... as I have said before I am STILL unable to actually use the NowTV app due to stereo sound.

Quite right... 80's indeed.  How they think that we should put up with 2.0 sound from an app that co-exists on the same platform with ALL other apps that manage a MINIMUM of 5.1  (plus Atmos in some cases) is beyond belief.  This is Sky.. for goodness sake.... Sky MOVIES is their thing.. their USP... how can they possibly be happy providing that content in basic stereo sound??

I know, I know... some of you only have 2.0 sound systems or choose to not subscribe to boost and I get that - I know you are happy with it as is but for me.... im paying for boost and I therefore want a 5.1 soundtrack expecially where movies are concerned.

I too am fed up with the generic 'we are working on it' responses as I feel that this is not reasonable given the length of time the app was in beta.. the sheer amount of feedback I know they got from the testers wanting 5.1, and the fact it was promised as a 'soon' fix back when they released what we can respectfully call version 0.5 of the app back in December.

I would like a response from Now letting us know why this isnt included and when we can expect it.

I just don't get why its giving them problems... there must be another reason for it and its not a technical limitation of the platform of course.

Until then, as much as I am grateful for the unexpected and very welcome TV integration, I still simply cannot use the app and have to resort to the Firestick to get the content in the format that I am paying for.

Please, please, please Now... fix this.. Now.  Thanks 🙂 

Simont90
Mentor

TV integration whilst many of us never thought it would happen, myself included is a very welcome addition. Does make me wonder if there is something new round the corner for Apple TV next week perhaps? Could the long awaited Sports tab finally be appearing in the UK in partnership with NOW?

0 Thanks
winstainforth
Advocate

I can view Now content on my iphone through the apple TV app, but nothing on the apple tv app on my google TV stick, shame was it doesn't have the now app yet. 

Come on Now, sort it out! 

0 Thanks