cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Enapace
Expert 2

Re: Update Now TV app for apple TV

@MrZippy 

To be honest i'm surprised we even got boost with how it was going towards the end even more shocked we got bonus streams.

0 Thanks
alfras3r
Mentor

Boost appears automatic and mines are all showing HD/5.1 and outputting the same. 

0 Thanks
waldopepper
Scholar

For anyone asking for more features like voice support, easy now, these things take time. Going by this update it could be approximately 2025 so put a mark in your calendars.

0 Thanks
Dean0989
Scholar 3

Well at least it’s released I am disappointed though with what was promised and how it wasn’t on the release, but hey ho we finally have it, annoying the search doesn’t interact with the phone like everything else does.
0 Thanks
Enapace
Expert 2

@alfras3r 

5.1 is actually being outputted are you certain of that.

@waldopepper 

Voice search was promised at the very start of the beta 9 months ago so I think it was fair to expect that to be included.

@Dean0989 

Agreed it just means we need add by our phones like you do for Sports on Demand still it's not a big negative.

0 Thanks
Mallett94
Scholar

I am at work so will eagerly download this when I get home. However, in terms of DD5.1, NowTV has been using DD+ 5.1. I wonder for those of you who think you aren't getting 5.1, are you using Auto audio on the ATV4K? Auto will likely just decode the DD+5.1 to LPCM 5.1 and output it as PCM. If you are on Manual Audio > DD 5.1 in the ATV4K settings like myself I would think you would see the DD5.1 on your audio devices?

Also make sure you select the surround format for audio in the NowTV App boost pass settings page.

0 Thanks
Enapace
Expert 2

@Mallett94 

It says on the Boost page it isn't on the AppleTV seems very bizarre as content does have the 5.1 Flag on the device.

Braindome
Scholar 2

Still no integration with the TV app 😞

0 Thanks
Enapace
Expert 2

@Braindome 

Sadly not Britbox added recently so it doesn't appear to hard to add in an update to app so still could happen.

Hooba
Scholar 3

Live movies are badged as Stereo. All Movies on demand are badged as 5.1. Makes no difference, all movies are steaming as 2 channel stereo - irrespective of changing sound settings in the Settings app.

It's as per NowTVs own advertising - no 5.1 through AppleTV. 

0 Thanks