cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Am I the only one seeing incorrect listings for live movies? Been like this for a couple days, makes the live movies section completely useless.  (I'm on a 4th gen AppleTV btw, and yes the latest software.)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same thing is happening to my Apple tv, tried to reset but nothing changed...

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

From what I understand...

Access and distribution of NOW TV content for playback on Apple devices is handled quite differently to all other NOW TV playback devices and platforms, as all NOW TV content has to be 'Appleized' by an Apple approved third party so it suits Apples GUI vision before being made available for streaming... 

Having a third-party involved in any distribution chain can introduce problems out of source providers control Smiley Surprised

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply SeeMoreDigital, however I don't necessarily think any 'Appleizing' is the issue. Once you are in the channel schedule, the (dated) UI/UX is idential to what it was days ago and that of the live entertiament channels (which still work perctly fine).

It appears there's a mismatch between content and listing, which could very well be a third party/middle man issue, however it's a problem that should still be sorted by, and ultimately the responsibility of, NowTV (given we are paying customers).

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Thanks for your reply SeeMoreDigital, however I don't necessarily think any 'Appleizing' is the issue. Once you are in the channel schedule, the (dated) UI/UX is idential to what it was days ago and that of the live entertiament channels (which still work perctly fine).

Hi @Anonymous User,

Are you able to take a photo of what you are seeing? As I suspect the UI on the Apple devices will be different to the UI on other NOW TV playback devices...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @SeeMoreDigital - I've attached a picture shwoing the Apple TV, however it won't help much - the way the UI works is it shows a black screen with a live listings and start times for  the channel on the right of the screen, with a preview image and description for the coressponding movie on the left. Once you've clicked on this screen, the playback of said live channel will begin. So, the listings could for 'Sky Cinema Hits' say Pearl Harbor is the live movie being broadcast (despite the odd time of the next film), however when you click on the channel you'll get the actaul live broadcast which is The Trust (as shown in the iOS screen grab also attached). The UI is so bad on the Apple TV app that you actaully have no idea what you're watching when on a live stream once you've begun (this is true of all live tv). Further the listings seem to be locked into a specific time and date, arond midnight is my guess.

IMG_4703.JPGIMG_4701.PNG

It's clearly a bug, somone at NowTV please look at this!!

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

mrhoopla wrote: 

It's clearly a bug, somone at NowTV please look at this!!

Now I'm able to see what you are seeing I can confirm that the UI (on the left) is not provided/generated by NOW TV. It 100% 'Appleized' and under their control, not NOW TV's. Smiley Surprised

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@SeeMoreDigital the UI's not the problem (as an aside other apps actaully handle the design guideline pretty well!) - it's the fact we're given inocrrect information within the app, which it wasn't doing previously!

The app hasn't been updated for over a year, and OS for months, so it's cleaerly an issue with the content (i.e. from Now TV). I'm guessin it's an issue with whatever CMS NowTV are using to push the info out. Now TV staff, get on it please!

(ps, thanks for the replys @SeeMoreDigital, it is appreciated!)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Having spoke with our content team about this we can confirm as @SeeMoreDigital has said before that this issue can only be fixed by Apple. We have no control over this at all you can get in touch with Apple here https://support.apple.com/en-gb/apple-tv 🙂

Cheers

Eddie

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

I'm not sure if this will be of any help here, but there was an issue quite a long time ago, where the time that was shown on the live channels list for   programs was incorrect. It turned out that in for the proper time to be displayed. The time had to be set correctly on your playback device because NowTV uses the time settings of your device in order to display the times that programs are shown

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.