cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KatM
Advocate

Re: Chromecast and NOW TV not working together

I did find a solution actually - I went to the app settings on my tv and uninstalled all updates for Chromecast. Then it worked again with NowTV. I've had to do the uninstall repeatedly, since it auto-updates every so often, but so far it is a workable solution, however inadequate. It's surprising to me how little NowTV seems to invest in their technology, given that the product relies so heavily on it.
uzudadi1
Advocate

Re: Chromecast and NOW TV not working together

Hi I'm getting the message somethings not right give a moment or checknowtc.com/status for updates (0).  I'm in Spain using an iPad to stream to chrome cast on a Movistar router

0 Thanks
uzudadi1
Advocate

Chrome cast streaming issue from iPad

Hi I'm getting the message somethings not right give a moment or checknowtc.com/status for updates (0). I'm in Spain using an iPad to stream to chrome cast on a Movistar router

0 Thanks
GaryL
Expert 2

Re: Chrome cast streaming issue from iPad

Now tv is for use in the uk only

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @uzudadi1,

To follow on from what GaryL has already mentioned, perhaps the following 'Help Centre' article may be of use to you: Can I watch NOW TV abroad?

Cheers

0 Thanks
rgledhill
Mentor

Frustratingly, this doesn't work on my set-up either.  I have a brand new Sony KD-49XE9005 TV, running Android 7, with the latest Google Cast app, and I can cast YouTube etc to it just fine - but the NowTV App running on my Sony Xperia Z3 Compact (Android 7) fails to make it cast correctly.  It connects fine, but then refuses to actually play anything, simply spinning the dots round on the TV screen and eventually timing out.

This is clearly a NowTV problem to do with licenses and user checking as everything else works.

Please, NowTV, can you sort this out?

(And yes I've tried uninstalling Google Cast updates to the App, disabling Smart features on the Home Hub, making sure all devices are on the same WiFi, etc.  Everything else casts fine to it, just NowTV doesn't.)

0 Thanks
rgledhill
Mentor

It seems I've answered my own question...  I checked in my account and it turned out I already had 4 devices active as I'd accidentally activated my phone while testing.  I removed an old Chromecast dongle from the device list, then went back into the NowTV app on my phone, cast to the TV... and it worked!

So, NowTV: please can you make it say something like "Unable to get licence to play stream - deactivate another device in My Account before trying to use this device" or something similar.  It does make life so much easier when it tells you why it just fails to load 🙂

Hope this helps,

Richard

0 Thanks
Bob453
Advocate

Re: NowTV not working with Chromecast

Hi, I have tried to cast now from my iPad to my tv via chrome cast. I get a message saying that I have reached my device limit. Does this mean that casting is treated as a further device despite the ipad being one of my registered devices? 

Thanks 

0 Thanks