Regular 1

Re: Site is currently unavailable ?

its working now, had to update the firmware via apple TV settings

0 Thanks
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

if you could please make sure the apple firmware has been updated on your devices, Apple have performed a release today, (11.3) which might be crashing the NOW TV app

As a work around please follow these steps:

1. Restart Apple TV 
    2. Launch NowTV app - it will crash once 
    3. Launch NowTV app again 
    4. DO NOT use the settings - Sign in to NowTV - it will crash the app 
    5. Select and play a piece of contnet 
    6. NowTV app will ask you to sign in to account 
    7. Accept T&Cs 
    8. Sign in as normal.

Thanks 

Toby

0 Thanks
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Auth Error on Apple TV

Hi all,

if you could please make sure the apple firmware has been updated on your devices, Apple have performed a release today, (11.3) which might be crashing the NOW TV app

As a work around please follow these steps:

1. Restart Apple TV 
    2. Launch NowTV app - it will crash once 
    3. Launch NowTV app again 
    4. DO NOT use the settings - Sign in to NowTV - it will crash the app 
    5. Select and play a piece of contnet 
    6. NowTV app will ask you to sign in to account 
    7. Accept T&Cs 
    8. Sign in as normal.

Thanks 

Toby

0 Thanks
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Auth Error on Apple TV 3rd Gen

Hi all,

Were sorry to hear that you may be experiencing issues logging in and playing out or trying to access the NOW TV App on apple TV Devices followed by an error message: "Auth Error,  Error Authenticating your device" this maybe as a result of the latest Apple Firmware release (11.3)

Currently the issue is still being investigated, but in the meantime here is a workaround that will get you back up and running.

Firstly please go to My Account > Manage Devices > Delete current Apple TV Device slot then follow the steps below:

1. Restart Apple TV 

2. Launch NOW TV app - it will crash once 
3. Launch NOW TV app again 
4. DO NOT use the settings - Sign in to NOW TV - it will crash the app 
5. Select and play a piece of content 
6. NOW TV app will ask you to sign in to account 
7. Accept T&Cs 
8. Sign in as normal.

This should get you up and working until a permanent fix is in place

Happy Watching

0 Thanks
Highlighted
moroboshi
Advocate 2

Here’s a thought, how about you actually update the damn app? It’s been literally YEARS since it’s been touched at all. It’s comically out of date, it barely works, it doesn’t support a single feature of the Apple TV. In short, it’s a pile of steaming sewage. 

Why are ALL your other apps updated regularly, but the Apple TV app has been singled out to be ignored forever? We pay the same subscription feel but have to suffer through the worst video streaming app ever vomitted onto the App Store. No wonder the ratings are almost all 1 star. It’s garbage. It’s junk. And it should be an embarrassment to Sky. 

You are treating paying customers like dirt. If you didn’t offer virtually free subscriptions to people when they click cancel, I doubt you’d have a single Apple TV customer left.  

Get off off your lazy backsides and do your jobs for once. 

dr_necessitor
Scholar 5

@Toby-S what @moroboshi said!

NOW TV customers using Apple TV have been ignored for far too long now.

Surely it's time for NOW TV to give their complaints about the Apple TV app with SOME overdue respect & consideration, and to give them SOME level of equality with those NOW TV customers using other "supported" devices who get regular app updates?

Please! Before I die of old age...

BernardH
Occasional Poster

I am a new customer and purchased a 3 month entertainment pass to get started, with the intention of watching Now TV on my Apple TV.

I have spoken to tech support on chat, but they didn't even seem to know there was a problem, until I pushed them to ask second line support.

I’ve now found these instructions, but they don’t work for me.  I am not getting an Auth Error, but just get ‘unable to sign in at this time’.

I have checked my username and password by signing-in on the web, but I am not getting anywhere - apart from frustrated.

Do you have any idea how soon you are likely to come up with a fix? Can I expect my pass to be extended (to cover the unusable days) once you do?

0 Thanks
schnapps Legend 4
Legend 4

Hi @BernardH

The first thing that i would check is that the 3 month entertainment voucher pass has been successfully applied to your nowtv account.

When you go to My Account > My Passes on here, does it show that you are on a 3 month free entertainment offer ?

0 Thanks
schnapps Legend 4
Legend 4

Hi @BernardH

Should have added.

If your account shows the 3 month pass, then go to My Account > Account details on here and check the email address in your account corresponds with the username / email address you been attempting to sign into your Apple TV.

Also, try rebooting the ATV and then see if the NowTV App on the ATV let's you sign in.

0 Thanks
BernardH
Occasional Poster

I did check that the pass was correctly applied and I can watch programmes on my iPad.

I have rebooted the Apple TV numerous times and, yes, I am using the same user credentials.

0 Thanks