cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dr_necessitor
Expert 3

Re: AppleTV App Beta

@Oldskool @Ciscosurplus1 

App still “working” (sort of!) but seeing similar problems on playback of Entertainment assets via catch up/on demand, but with some different messages (such as “The Pass starts as soon as you begin watching” with buttons for “Keep for later” and “Activate” - er, my passes are already active! - and “Content request not recognised (OVP_00021)” but playback works fine for those assets on other devices). Also pretty much nothing will play from Continue watching, but will play from finding via search (after crashing out to tv main screen once or twice and re-trying). Occasionally something just won’t play at all, so then it’s back to the Roku Streaming Stick+

Have emailed them about this. Always had replies before, but this time just silence. So no idea what’s happening now. Shame as tv is pretty much a one stop shop here for all our streaming.

0 Thanks

The Apple TV app is now available on Roku devices; anyone know if it’s available on Now TV branded ones?

Massive kick in the face if it is and Now TV still don’t have a proper app

0 Thanks
Dean0989
Scholar

Anyone heard anymore or have an updates 

0 Thanks
Enapace
Mentor

Sky/Comcast are defo developing a new NowTV AppleTV App they realise that AppleTV has become a solid platform over the last year with everyone getting behind it now. 

0 Thanks
Ciscosurplus1
Observer

So my app works on my Apple TV 4K with the issues I mentioned, Apple TV 4 just crashes as someone previous mentioned.

This beta has been going on a long time compared to other beta cycles I tested eg My5 was like 3-4 weeks.

My passes run out soon, decided until they either have a proper working app or a solid beta I’m out
0 Thanks
Dean0989
Scholar

It’s taking a long time though, I would of thought we would of heard something by now
0 Thanks
dr_necessitor
Expert 3

@Dean0989 Agreed. No idea what’s happening. Still no reply to my last email to the trials manager sent nearly 3 weeks ago. Starting to lose the will to carry on with it...

Dean0989
Scholar

I know exactly what you mean, I haven’t had a reply either, such a shame it could dominate if they sorted it out 

0 Thanks
dr_necessitor
Expert 3

@Dean0989 Are you also on the trial then? It feels like I’ve been on it forever! Must be getting on for a year now, started so long ago I can’t remember exactly when it was...

0 Thanks
Dean0989
Scholar

No not on the trial wish I was and asked to be repeatedly. Has the trial actually ended now then?? Do you think it’s nearing completion 

0 Thanks