cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only using 1/4 of my screen

When I start playing a movie it only plays in the top right corner of the screen!!!!!!! I have tried several different movies and all do the same 😡 It's not my TV as all other channels are fine!!!
0 Thanks
245 Replies
SeeMoreDigital Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: Only using 1/4 of my screen

That's odd behaviour. What make and model of television do you have your Roku connected to?

• If I've been helpful please press the THANKS button • If I've been really helpful please also press the ACCEPT SOLUTION button • Please note: I'm not a NOW TV employee, I'm a regular NOW TV customer, like you! •

LG TV 1 = Model no: 43UH668V | Software: 04.30.70 | OS: webOS 3.31 • LG TV 2 = Model no: 65UH770V | Software: 04.31.10 | webOS •

All TV's = NOW TV app: 2.27.0 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • Networking Spec = ISP: Virgin Media (75Mbps) | Devices connection type: Wired | IP address type: Fixed (device permitting) •

0 Thanks
Andy-S
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Re: Only using 1/4 of my screen

Hi @ljpaddington

Sorry to hear this, As @SeeMoreDigitalhas mentioned, Would you be able to give us a bit more details on what device your using and how it is connected to your TV.

This will allow us to better understand your issue and help resolve it.

Thanks

Andy

0 Thanks
Shauneen

Not playing on full screen

I cant watch any films or programmes on full screen only 1/4 of screen showing at top left hand corner, my box is a roku box but seem to watch anything on netflix fine
teejay1
Mentor

Re: Not playing on full screen

Mine is doing the same. It's only when I start the film the screen reduces down to 1/4. Tried reset update and unplugging. Hope this is fixed soon else may have to cancel subscription
0 Thanks
the-nadger Legend 5
Legend 5

@teejay1@Shauneen

Never seen this problem so quickly checked using Roku HDMI Streaming Stick and all seems normal

Please click on Thanks if I've helped. I'm a Community Contributor not staff.
0 Thanks
teejay1
Mentor

Works fine on xbox one.......I'm goin to try through a hdmi cable to see if it works
0 Thanks
teejay1
Mentor

Tried hdmi cable but still th same
commanda6 Legend 5
Legend 5

@teejay1 wrote:
Tried hdmi cable but still th same

Hi @teejay1 @Shauneen

make sure the display settings on your Roku are set to at least 720p. 1080p if the Roku/TV you have supports it.

Also check the display settings on your TV as it's possible something in your TVs display settings could be affecting it. There is often a picture size/picture scaling setting make sure this is set to either "auto wide" or "16:9"

Hope that helpsSmiley Happy

I do not work for now TV. I am simply a NowTV customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.

If you find posts on the community useful or helpful can you give them Thanks By pressing the thumbs up button. If a post solves a problem you are having can you mark it as an accepted solution.
teejay1
Mentor

Thanks but have tried that.........it's full screen when I search for film ect but as soon as I press to play it shrinks down to 1/4 off screen