cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: "Screen recording software detected"

Installing new updates and Restarting my Mac did the trick for me. Good luck peeps! I feel your pain.

0 Thanks
Highlighted

On a MacBook Pro, disabled "Share screenshots using Dropbox" under the Import tab in Dropbox Preferences and then rebooted. Hope this helps

Highlighted
Advocate

faratian's suggestion helped a family member on a MacBook with this issue i.e. disabled "Share screenshots using Dropbox" under the Import tab in Dropbox Preferences and then rebooted

In another case on a MacBook Air (macOS Mojave v10.14.6), closing VLC and iMovie solved the issue as well.

As others have mentioned, this does appear to an issue prevalent only in the last few months but I've not read any official response from NowTV tech support to confirm or otherwise if this is indeed a safeguarding measure they have introduced.

I certainly did not experience this in the previous football season 2018/19 having often had the NowTV player playing in the background whilst working on iMovie projects for example. 

Highlighted
Advocate

It's definitely not this @ukbobboy.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Champion 3

@OPXuw 

Hey OP

Don't really know why you called me out, I was first marginally involved in this thread nearly a year ago. The guys in this thread had a problem with utilities running in the background of their OSes which they had to either delete or prevent from running, more than that I do not know or hold any further interest it.

Therefore, if you still have a problem with your Now TV app then contact their Help Text Chat.

UK Bob

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

The information you provided was inaccurate. I wanted you and anyone else who came across your post after searching for help with the error to know that and so avoid unnecessarily alarm. Don't be upset. It's not personal, it's educational. 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

closing ms snipping also made it work for me

forgot i even had it open 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Observer

@Smiff23  Thankyou!

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Observer

I just hit this issue and realised it's because I am working while watching the football and kept having to take screenshots. Every time I take a screenshot it breaks. Amateur software.

0 Thanks