cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: We've released a new version of the macOS player!

Mine still doesn't work

0 Thanks
Dawn213
Advocate

why doesnt the player keep track of what episode you are on? 

0 Thanks
Jwilson
Advocate

Would love to have picture in picture functionality...

0 Thanks
quillsickle
Mentor

Re: New NowTV Player - Terrible!

I have an Apple Mac, so basically I have no choice but to use the app? Because from these comments it seems that Chrome, Safari, Firefox and windows anything don't let you just watch online? This is the stupidest thing, I have had NowTv for almost 3 years and only the last month have they made me download the app. I am up to date on everything software wise, but I still have no choice but to watch on crappy quality. To make things worse, my mac overheats (like mentioned in the linked to post about SkyGo), which means I can't use any other software on my mac. As a University student, multitasking is key, so having my mac pretty much become unusable throughout my time watching grainy video, isn't the best customer experience....by a long shot.

0 Thanks
quillsickle
Mentor

I'd love for my mac not to overheat everytime I open it. 

I'd love for my fan not to turn on, even when it's never been on before (had mac for two years and never heard it)

I'd love to be given the option of downloading the app, not just made to for no reason a month ago.

I'd love to be able to watch what I'm paying for online like I do WITH EVERY OTHER STREAMING SITE.

I'd love to get proper answers from NowTV and not just blaming Microsoft for not allowing Silverlight updates anymore.

But most of all, I'd like us all to be seen as customers, not just people on a forum the NowTV team can ignore or give useless help. Am I not paying for this? Hmmm, apparently still not worth a good mantatory app though. 

This. Is. A. Joke.

NOW TV Team Nadine-K
NOW TV Team

@quillsickle @Jwilson @Dawn213 @AlisonGardner97

Hi Guys, you are correct in what you are saying Microsoft silverlight is no longer supported so we created a Nowtvplayer to stream nowtv off, as the safari, chrome and firefox is not supported and may cause lagging.

Check out the Nowtv player here; (and also any issues you may come across to fix it) 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/watching-now-tv-on-a-mac 

In the mean time we are working on soultions to get the Nowtv player up to the highest standards please be assured. 

Thanks the Nowtv Team 

Thanks
Nadine-K
The Now TV Team 🙂
0 Thanks
gmc99
Mentor

The link you have there doesn't go anywhere, and brings up a "not found" error page.

schnapps Legend 5
Legend 5

@gmc99

Perhaps try this link guide instead (it was taken from the help centre and i assume it's up to date, unfortunately i am not a Mac user so i cannot confirm)

https://help.nowtv.com/article/watching-now-tv-on-a-mac

0 Thanks
Maz2014
Mentor

yes, just spent over an hour uninstalling, reinstalling with no joy. what a joke nowtv app is for macs, i am leaving and going elsewhere unless you sort it out!

0 Thanks
sure
Advocate

worked first time many thanks!!!

@Nicholas-M wrote:
Absolutely!

https://web.static.nowtv.com/watch/NOWTVPlayerInstaller-Mac.zip

0 Thanks