Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate

Re: Bad sound quality on Game Of Thrones

1) Windows Laptop

2) Windows 10

3) Wifi

4) 2.4 GHz

5) I tried watching on my windows desktop conntected by wired ethernet, tried restarting both systems. Neither worked.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

Very poor audio streaming quality using Windows PC's

Hi @Wild,

Thanks for the info.

Given that other Windows computer users have reported similar audio issues, this topic has been moved to the forums dedicated Windows PCs & Laptops sub-section.

By-the-way... Have you tried connecting to your routers and computers 5GHz frequency band/channel option?

Cheers

• TV 1: LG 65UH770V | Software: v05.30.65 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 • TV 2: LG 43UH668V | Software: v05.50.55 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 • All TV's: NOW TV app v4.7.25 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • ISP: Virgin Media@100Mbps | WIRED NETWORK: 1Gbps | NAS: Synology DS212+ •
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Re: Very poor audio streaming quality using Windows PC's

SeeMoreDigital wrote:

Hi @Wild,

Thanks for the info.

Given that other Windows computer users have reported similar audio issues, this topic has been moved to the forums dedicated Windows PCs & Laptops sub-section.

By-the-way... Have you tried connecting to your routers and computers 5GHz frequency band/channel option?

Cheers

@SeeMoreDigital

I am also experiencing poor sound quality on both my MacBook Pro and iPad with the NowTV player app on both, so the issue is not exclusive to Windows devices. If the abysmal audio quality can't be improved on these platforms then I will surely be cancelling my subscription.

Highlighted
Observer

Re: Very Poor Audio streaming quality on new NowTV player

Speed of wifi will not affect sound quality. It appears that now tv streams are a trash bit rate. Really tinny sound.
Highlighted
Occasional Poster

Running NowTV play on MacOS High Sierra, Chrome 64.  Just signed up, watching the series Deadwood,  getting same poor, tinny sound.  Awful streaming quality for €15 / month.  I can watch netflix on my old iPhone 3GS at higher quality.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Occasional Poster

The IE and silver light suggestions doesn't work for us Mac users.  Glad some found a way around this app's issues.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

I have just recently got everything connected up and I as I have had as much interest in surround sound on films I am very dissapointed with the sound on this streaming service. I do not spend thousands on a quality sound system to have low grade

sound from nowtv. I think I will stick to buying Blurays and get the  sound that the director intended.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Scholar

@Tony-D, it's been over a year now since I and many others have commented on the terrible audio quality using the desktop player. This is simply unacceptable that it's not been fixed; it's clearly a stream quality / profile problem and nothing to do with people's computers.

My thread on this: https://community.nowtv.com/t5/PC-Mac/Extremely-poor-audio-quality-with-NOW-TV-desktop-player-why/td...

PLEASE chase this as a priority issue. If we're no longer able to use Silverlight, we have no option except to use the Electron desktop player. Why should we accept an artificial reduction in sound quality - simply because someone's either not squished this app bug correctly, or they've mistakenly not made higher quality audio available to the HLS streams used by the desktop player?

Highlighted
Scholar 2

I second this - its happening on the films not entertainment and all other players - itv catch up/hub, amazon player and netflix  - the sound is great. Whats going on? Im not a teccie. There is a noticable drop in quality of sound - you almost cant hear it on full volume?

Windows 8.1

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Re: Awful audio on Windows 10 NOWTV player

Same the echo is awful on windows 10 help!!!!

@cmatthews wrote:

Is anyone else having trouble with the audio on the nowtv player app from windows? I have tried deleting and reinstalling the app but no luck. The audio sounds similar to a stutter or an echo. Hoping to watch Game of Thrones but can hardly stand 2 minutes of this let alone a full episode. 

The sound jumps a lot and is especially noticable on speech. 

0 Thanks