cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nowtv on Windows 10

I have just setup our new Windows 10 family PC. NowTv app works on the main account. However, NowTv fails to work on my children's accounts (same PC) - "maximum devices registered".

I understand nowtv limits access to x4 physical devices. Quite reasonable to expect our family computer (1 PC with x5 user accounts) to count as 1 device?!?!

Frustrated. Please advise as to how I can fix this.
11 REPLIES 11
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User a get around with kids accounts is to separate them into their own account. Set it up with a parental pin and payment pin.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
How do you do that?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@nowtvhelp @NOWTV
...just spent 40m on live chat to be palmed off with a web link. 1/4 devices is a PC. Only 1 user on PC works (error 6002).

Family PC = 1 device. Kids reasonably should be able to login and watch under own W10 account. Apparently, each kid counts as +1 device.

Support colleague advised this is NOWTV policy and shared a link. Link said no such thing and my chat was terminated. #Annoyed
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User. You cancel the kids pass. Then set up a new pass with different card and email.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Not sure I follow. Sorry.
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User not sure what you don't understand?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

As in step by step process...Do you mean the following...?
1) cancel kids pass off my NowTv account
2) create a new nowtv account with a new bank card?
3) add kids package to new nowtv account?
4) use new account on our family PC... Using "1 device" per kid?

...if so don't feel it's the right answer.

A PC is 1 device...as a PS4 or NowTv box is one device.

All above is messing and muddle for paying & entitled customers.
Legend 5
Legend 5

Well unless you have a family logon to your pc then each logon will show as a separate device.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
That's a daft model IMO...and a restriction that isn't written in nowtv
policy.