cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Minidriver
Advocate

VSF:ERROR.PLAYER.ANDROID.UNKNOWN

I have a fire stick that's fully updated and has been working fine until about 15 days ago when the above message started to appear. It's happening so often now that I'm thinking of getting rid of now tv 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyB
Legend

@Minidriver 

I’ve just had an issue where two Firesticks would not connect to a Samsung TV I have. A 2016 flat thing called a Firetv, and a brand new FireStick Max. Both giving a couple of mentions of Amazon, or FireTV, and then a black screen. Black screen stopped when the devices were powered off.

Juggled these two devices and a Now Stick round the three HDMI sockets on the side of the TV - the Now Stick worked in all three ports, the two Amazon devices in none. Both Amazon devices worked fine on a different Samsung TV, 32” HD like the one I had the problems on.

I figured the Fire devices were failing at the resolution checks, set one to fixed 1080p HD, still did the same.

I powered down the TV, left it 30 minutes (Samsung say two minutes should suffice, FWIW), powered it up again, and now both Fire devices work fine.

So definitely a Samsung/Amazon issue, but only cured by rebooting the TV, not the Fire devices.

Have you tried your Firestick on another TV? Have you rebooted the offending TV?

If not try both, and report back.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
RoyB
Legend

@Minidriver 

I’ve just had an issue where two Firesticks would not connect to a Samsung TV I have. A 2016 flat thing called a Firetv, and a brand new FireStick Max. Both giving a couple of mentions of Amazon, or FireTV, and then a black screen. Black screen stopped when the devices were powered off.

Juggled these two devices and a Now Stick round the three HDMI sockets on the side of the TV - the Now Stick worked in all three ports, the two Amazon devices in none. Both Amazon devices worked fine on a different Samsung TV, 32” HD like the one I had the problems on.

I figured the Fire devices were failing at the resolution checks, set one to fixed 1080p HD, still did the same.

I powered down the TV, left it 30 minutes (Samsung say two minutes should suffice, FWIW), powered it up again, and now both Fire devices work fine.

So definitely a Samsung/Amazon issue, but only cured by rebooting the TV, not the Fire devices.

Have you tried your Firestick on another TV? Have you rebooted the offending TV?

If not try both, and report back.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Minidriver
Advocate

Turned TV off and unplugged all leads from fire stick, gave it 2-3 mins put everything back and turned on and all is well. Thanks