cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

Sky Go update

Whilst I know this is off-topic and doesn't relate to Now TV, but I thought it was worthwhile posting it. 

https://www.skygroup.sky/corporate/media-centre/articles/en-gb/new-sky-go-app-brings-all-the-best-tv...

The new Sky Go app will be available this summer on iOS, Android, Amazon Fire devices and Amazon app store as well as on PC and MAC. Customers will be able to update their existing app, or download the new version from the Google Play, Apple and Amazon app stores for free.

Not sure if I am clutching at straws, but could this mean at some point we could see Now TV on Amazon devices and vice versa?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous User
Not applicable

If they can get the new Sky Go on Amazon I'd imagine there'd be nothing to stop NowTV following suit.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

That's what I had thought, considering both Virgin and BT have Amazon Prime on their boxes I reckon Sky are now left behind as they don't have Amazon on Q or Now TV devices. 

The main benefit I would see is Now TV being on Amazon Fire devices, as I prefer Amazon Fire over Roku. 

Its all about reach, Sky/Now TV need to get their product on as many devices as possible and be open about having third party apps on their devices. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That's interesting I think they must of done a deal with amazon, similar to netflix and amazon, it woukd make sense as sky news available 

The interesting thing woukd be what resolution sky go would output at on a firestick but that's, a great move. 😊

I think the firestick is a awesome device but has one big pain an ethernet connection should of been added. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

I have one of these sitting in my Amazon basket, not sure when I will get one though. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01LXP5TXI/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_5?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&psc=1

That being said, I do think they should release another version of the box to include the Ethernet ports, as I very rarely have anything going through WiFi unless its my phone or tablet.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I agree they should of added ethernet connection