cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

BBC IPLAYER PROBLEM

IVe just signed into my new black box, it did all its updates, tried BBC Iplayer, but no option to spect HD, I went into settings/ video quality & it was on SD, the option above is normally HD, but it says Best Quality. I selected this, reset Iplayer & watched a programme, doesn't look HD & when you press down, there is no HD/SD tab (like one 3 white now TV boxes) it just says info/Subtitles.
301 REPLIES 301
Anonymous User
Not applicable
My Iplayer app keeps skipping

Started a few weeks back tried resetting. Keeps happening

All the other apps itv, all 4 etc work perfect
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Welcome to forums.

BBC iPlayer is quite power hungry and the old white box ( based on Roku LT) can struggle.

The latest black box is much more powerful ( based on Roku 3) and, when purchased together with vouchers can end up free.

As an example I recently bought black box and 6 months entertainment for £ 19.99 from Currys.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Cheers. I only use it for the Iplayer app. I might get or get an Amazon fire tv box.

It seems more something to do with connection but I've tried everything. A new one me thinks is needed

Legend 5
Legend 5
The fire box is good, I have one as well as this. You can get Iplayer on it, demand 5, ITV hub, UK TV player, TV player, Netflix and other more selective audience apps. You can't get Now TV, 4od. Obviously there is paid for content on both. With Now you pay a rolling month subscription to access that. On Amazon it tends to be a year at a time, though it is possible to pay monthly. Not all accessible content on Amazon is included in prime. You can end up watching 2 Seasons of a program for free via your prime account and the 3rd season is available but you have to pay additional to watch each episode.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@4268 Remember, you can buy vouchers to use NOWTV so you don't have to keep paying each month. Smiley Happy

They sell them in Game and I think Argos and Currys. 

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993, yes I know though so far have taken advantage of various deals which makes even cheaper. 🙂

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@4268 I haven't bought them yet 🙂

I'm too lazy to go into Game to buy them/order off their website Smiley LOL

so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Legend 5
Legend 5

"Dave" the driver kindly delivered the last two I bought 😉

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@4268 I'm hoping someone in my family will get me some vouchers for Christmas as I keep going on about NOWTV when I see them. Thinking about it now, NOWTV has made sure I have no life when I get home! Now where is that cancel button? I want my life back Smiley LOL

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 You can have your life back ... As soon as you've watched episode 10! 😉