cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

BBC IPLAYER PROBLEM

IVe just signed into my new black box, it did all its updates, tried BBC Iplayer, but no option to spect HD, I went into settings/ video quality & it was on SD, the option above is normally HD, but it says Best Quality. I selected this, reset Iplayer & watched a programme, doesn't look HD & when you press down, there is no HD/SD tab (like one 3 white now TV boxes) it just says info/Subtitles.
301 REPLIES 301
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there and thanks for contacting me.

I have had the White box for quite some time and only this morning after reading through the threads that it might be worth updating my box to a new Black one!!   Shortly afterwards I picked up your mail that pretty much confirmed what I had done.  I am greatly relieved and now will pray that once installed things will improve.  I managed to get one brand new (I hope) for £12 and free postage .... fingers crossed.

Thanks for your advice

Regards

Richard

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Have you got sorted now? I player was working fine up until yesterday. Done reset and updates and still can't access it
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Today I tried iplayer but it says page has moved but everything else seems to work fine.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same issue here - just a quick question - did you have plex or any other sideloaded apps installed before the auto update?

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Sufficed to say, NOW TV don't have any control over third-party service provider apps, such as BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4, Demand 5, RedBull TV etc.

Their content, their delivery systems and the UI's for each distribution platform is entirely controlled by the service providers. Which also means they can and do go wrong every now and again...

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Following a near farcical repetition of turning both the box and my router off and on again ad nauseum - as advised by numerous "levels" of tech support - I gave up and binned the box.

Then after three months of silence........

I received an email this morning from Genevieve at the NOWTV "Team" this morning regarding my Case ID. It informed me that yes, actually,  there had indeed been an issue - but it was okay though as it was now resolved. 

pic_4_1658093.jpgSo that's all fine then. 

Wow, only three months.

Outstanding customer service.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have been getting this issue on one of our Black Boxes since purchase, latest update it appears but did not cure the issue.

And using the same apps on a Panasonic DVD from the same WiFi connection on the same TV  there is no sound break up issue, so has to be the Now box.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

And using the same apps on a Panasonic DVD from the same WiFi connection on the same TV  there is no sound break up issue, so has to be the Now box.

Which apps @Anonymous User? And what do they have to do with the NOW TV app?

Just-so-you-know... NOW TV have no control over 'third-party' apps, such as BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4, Demand 5, RedBull TV etc. The content delivery systems and the UI's for each distribution platform is entirely controlled by the service provider.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The app I was watching was iPlayer on the Now TV Box, this (and other channels I switched to on the Box to check it wasn't just an iPlayer problem) had the momentary sound drop outs, I then switched to my Panasonic DVD which has the iPlayer app installed and had no issues with the same program (HIGNFY), I even switched back to the Now TV box to check and the drop outs were still there, this does not happen all the time but maybe once or twice every few weeks, enough to make the programs unwatchable. 

I do not understand your question "And what do they have to do with the NOW TV app?" as iPlayer is part of the Now TV  programming.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

I do not understand your question "And what do they have to do with the NOW TV app?" as iPlayer is part of the Now TV  programming.

The BBC iPlayer app has nothing to do with NOW TV programming.

It's a 'third-party' apps that's is entirely controlled by the BBC for use with all Roku designed playback devices. It has nothing to do with NOW TV!

EDIT: Your posts have been moved into the forums dedicated 'BBC iPlayer Issues' topic