cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

BBC IPLAYER PROBLEM

IVe just signed into my new black box, it did all its updates, tried BBC Iplayer, but no option to spect HD, I went into settings/ video quality & it was on SD, the option above is normally HD, but it says Best Quality. I selected this, reset Iplayer & watched a programme, doesn't look HD & when you press down, there is no HD/SD tab (like one 3 white now TV boxes) it just says info/Subtitles.
301 REPLIES 301
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User guessing you've not tried Demand 5 then 😉

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Wasn't aware Channel 5 had anything worth watchingSmiley Tongue

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks for update. Have bookmarked the BBC status links for future ref
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a white NOW box and have problems loading BBC iPlayer programmes.  I select the programme but get the 'buffering' circle and an error message that it is not available.  This happens frequently. when at the same time I can load ITV and Channel 4 progs. 

Factory resets don't solve the problem nor does turning off every other internet device

Any ideas?

Steve2334
Scholar

I have this problem intermittently too but Now Tv is fine at the same time.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Sorry to hear that 😞

Does the NOW TV app work fine? 

I would recommend to contact BBC support directly and ask whether they have any reported issues. Since it's a 3rd party app, we won't be able to troubleshoot the issue any further 😞

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Legend 5
Legend 5
Have you tried removing and re-adding the app. Or changing the streaming quality?
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
BicBasher
Elite

I have a similar issue through the Amazon Fire Stick, but works perfectly on the NOW TV box and my LG tv app.

I'd go into the iPlayer app, then settings and change to Standard Quality if it's not working properly.

Networking Spec - ISP: TalkTalk VDSL2 @ 76mbps | Amazon Fire TV Cube 2nd Gen, Chromecast 3rd Gen WiFi, Motorola Moto G9 (Android 11), Dell PC with Windows 10 Home Edition using Now TV Player.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi there, I had same problem with bbc iPlayer. So go to settings and factory reset and you should be back up and running 😊
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The BBC iplayer has always been sluggish and very slow to respond, when a programme has finshed you have to turn of everything to gain access back to the icons. What can be done to improve this situation?