cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

BBC IPLAYER PROBLEM

IVe just signed into my new black box, it did all its updates, tried BBC Iplayer, but no option to spect HD, I went into settings/ video quality & it was on SD, the option above is normally HD, but it says Best Quality. I selected this, reset Iplayer & watched a programme, doesn't look HD & when you press down, there is no HD/SD tab (like one 3 white now TV boxes) it just says info/Subtitles.
301 REPLIES 301
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

Sorry to hear you're having problems. First things first: -

• What's the make and model number of the device(s) you're using to access and play NOW TV content?
    [ie: a NOW TV 'black' box, a NOW TV 'white' box or a NOW TV 'Smart' box. Or a 'Games Console' of some type, a 'Set Top Box' of some type, a 'Smartphone' of some type, a 'Tablet' of some type, a 'Windows PC', a 'Mac' computer or another type of device]
  • How is your NOW TV playback device connected to the internet. Is it via a hard-wired or wireless (WiFi) ethernet connection?
  • What things have you already tried to get your NOW TV playback device working again?

Sufficed to say, the more detailed information you are able to provide, the easier it will be for us NOW TV forum members and/or a NOW TV Team member to work out a solution for you!

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a white box with video sender wifi connection (cable) I have tried restarting the box

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Also having this problem, a Hard Reset (as guided by a Now TV Support colleague) did nothing to help.

This info is on the BBC iPlayer Help FAQs & has not yet been updated as of 5/4/17 21.30

Roku/ NOW TV – Error 404 preventing access to BBC iPlayer

*** Saturday 1 April ***

We are aware of some reports from users unable to access BBC iPlayer on Roku and NOW TV boxes.

Several of the reports refer to ‘Error 404’ message being displayed.

This is currently under investigation and we will update this FAQ once we have more information.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Doing a full factory reset worked for me - box updated which took a minute or so and had to log in again.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

tried this plus did the setting thing and still getting error 404 - page not found anybody any more ideas on how to get bbci player back thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

been trying for days to sort this out cant load bbc iplayer on my now tv white box.

please help

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is anyone (using white box with HDMI connection) NOT getting this error ie. is it only being experienced on white box conn via triple A/V plugs.

I am assuming the HDMI cable provides some feed back to the NOW box that BBC are monitoring.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Is anyone (using white box with HDMI connection) NOT getting this error ie. is it only being experienced on white box conn via triple A/V plugs.

Hi @Anonymous User,

When your 'white' box is connected to your television using the 'analogue' (yellow) video connection. Are you able to see the NOW TV UI and navigate to all the apps?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

All apps I want to navigate to can be got ok

EXCEPT
iplayer written by the BBC (should be fixed by the BBC by now meaning pronto).

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

All apps I want to navigate to can be got ok EXCEPT...

Thanks @Anonymous User, that's interesting to have confirmed.

Another question... Since the NOW TV boxes recent software update, is your white box now passing a 50Hz/PAL video output via its 'analogue' (yellow) video connection?