cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

BBC IPLAYER PROBLEM

IVe just signed into my new black box, it did all its updates, tried BBC Iplayer, but no option to spect HD, I went into settings/ video quality & it was on SD, the option above is normally HD, but it says Best Quality. I selected this, reset Iplayer & watched a programme, doesn't look HD & when you press down, there is no HD/SD tab (like one 3 white now TV boxes) it just says info/Subtitles.
301 REPLIES 301
Anonymous User
Not applicable

bbc live back on on my now tv box xx

Steven_keyte
Mentor

iplayer app is now working OK for me

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Panic over then Smiley LOL

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'd been changing some settings on a router so definitely a bit of a panic as I anticipated the blame for losing iPlayer.  Smiley Sad

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I am experiencing the same issue on my smart tv, roku stick and now tv box. Could be an iplayer issue.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes also same fault for me. All other apps are working though. None of the BBC services are accessible at moment.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yep. No iPlayer

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

The BBC IPlayer app seems to be working fine on my smart box.

Maybe try going to the My App section, highlight the BBC IPlayer app click on the star * option button on your remote controller and then select remove app. Then go to the App Store on the box, again highlight the BBC IPlayer and press the ok button then click on Add app.

If the above doesn't work then maybe try a forced software update on the box by following the guide instructions linked below.

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Other-app-not-working-NOW-TV-Box

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Reinstalling the box software did the trick. Thanks.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have encountered no such problem with BBC iPlayer on my Smart Box ... maybe because I have the latest software installed.

The one change I have noticed is that it now asks me to confirm that I have a TV Licence before it will allow me to watch any BBC content!