cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BicBasher
Elite

TV Player Plus

TV Player have launched their Plus premium service, which is currently in Beta.

For £4.99 (Free trial for 14 days), you get a mix of free and 25 subscription channels.

Pay tv channels are:

Lifetime

Watch

TLC

Gold (already on NOW TV)

Alibi

Sony Entertainment Television

Sony Movie Channel

History

Discovery (on Now TV)

ID - Investigation Discovery

Discovery Turbo

Animal Planet

H2

CI

Good Food

Home

Eden

National Geographic Channel

British Eurosport

British Eurosport 2

Cartoon Network

Boomerang

Cartoonito

Baby TV

TV Player Plus will be on PC, iOS, Android, Amazon Fire and coming soon to Samsung Smart TV's and connected Freeview.  (The latter won't have the UKTV owned channels).

Networking Spec - ISP: TalkTalk VDSL2 @ 76mbps | Amazon Fire TV Cube 2nd Gen, Chromecast 3rd Gen WiFi, Motorola Moto G9 (Android 11), Dell PC with Windows 10 Home Edition using Now TV Player.
42 REPLIES 42
BicBasher
Elite

@4268 wrote:

@BicBasher yes it was from Chrome browser on laptop to Chromecast. Had sound and picture. Hopefully the channels will all be available on Amazon TV.

@4268I'm doing the same now and been able to watch The Bill on Watch and Inspector Gadget on Boomerang.

I'd recommend only using Chrome for casting TV Player Plus and use another browser for other tasks while casting.

Been reading more and TV Player are planning to allow Chromecast users to cast from Android which is great news.   Apple TV users will also be able to cast too.  (They can already cast free channels).

Networking Spec - ISP: TalkTalk VDSL2 @ 76mbps | Amazon Fire TV Cube 2nd Gen, Chromecast 3rd Gen WiFi, Motorola Moto G9 (Android 11), Dell PC with Windows 10 Home Edition using Now TV Player.
BicBasher
Elite

I gave up casting from my PC to the Chromecast, but I'm looking forward to when they introduce the TV Player Plus app for Android, which will eventually be supported for casting.   Then it may become a viable add-on for me.

Legend 5
Legend 5

You might be interested to know TV player recommends a you have an internet speed of at least 10mb, which is a lot higher than Now. (Source : response to email I sent them)
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Legend 5
Legend 5

For those interested the I phone app appears to be live. Hopefully that should mean that the Amazon and android apps will soon be too.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@4268 wrote:
For those interested the I phone app appears to be live. Hopefully that should mean that the Amazon and android apps will soon be too.

The TVPlayer app is working right now on my Hudl 2. It's very quick at loading the channels 😉

Legend 5
Legend 5

@SeeMoreDigital are you getting the channels like Watch on your Hudl?

BicBasher
Elite

I read a post over on TV Player's community forum that the ioS app isn't supporting Airplay on Apple TV due to rights restrictions, but users are allowed to use Airplay Mirror.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@4268 wrote:

@SeeMoreDigital are you getting the channels like Watch on your Hudl?

No, I havn't signed up for the 'plus' service. I was more interested to discover how good the picture and audio is. And whether the A/V signal could be passed to my TV via HDMI (which it can).

Cheers

Legend 5
Legend 5

@SeeMoreDigital it was the plus version of app I was wondering about. I have the free version on my Amazon TV. I have a Hudl, one of the first ones. What has changed on Hudl 2?

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@4268 wrote:

I have a Hudl, one of the first ones. What has changed on Hudl 2?

It has a larger 8.3" screen with greater resolution. Along with a faster CPU and twice as much RAM. That said, I'm interested to find out what the Hudl 3 will be like 😉

With regard to the TVPlayer service, the image quality is fine for the free service (anything for free is good). But if the 'plus' service offers the same image quality I wont be subscribing...

Cheers