Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

Shape Of Water

@Andy

Wow!! I finally saw this today and it is fantastic!!! 

No wonder if has so many award nominations. 🙂

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Jason-C wrote:
...but then the second half floundered 

image.png

View solution in original post

44 REPLIES 44
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 Ah ye the dance was a bit random wasn't it!!

The black finger moment was a bit icky and what is it with overflowing baths - it was as bad as Superman and Lois. Erm, hello, that water is going to flood the whole apartment! Just turn the tap off before it gets to the top!

Mind you I'm pretty sure if I tried to fill the bathroom completely to the ceiling with water it wouldn't work! Don't they have overflows in America?

I didn't see that ending coming at all, even tho all the signs were there and with hindsight the poster basically gives it away! I'm terrible for getting sucked into films and not working out what's going to happen!

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy 

That was the first thing I said about the bath! How on earth could you flood a bathroom like that? A towel isn't that good of a door stop! 😂

I loved the ending when Eliza got her gills. Although her leaving Zelda and her lonely neighbour behind was pretty sad if you think about it. 😞

There are funny comments on YouTube for sequels. The best one so far is The Volume Of Gas. Can you beat that? 😂

so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Oooo oooo oooo @caseyb1993 have you heard this theory about Eliza ....

Spoiler
SOme people think Eliza is also a fish-person originally ... apparently clues are there ... she was found near a river, the scars are in the exact position for the gills ... she can't talk because fish-people can't talk, not because of the scars cutting her larynx ... she falls in love with fish monster too easily because she is naturally attracted to him ... she 'enjoys' having her baths with the egg timer because that's her natural habitat ... she has no panic when the bathroom floods ... the fish-person doesn't have the ability to make gills for people so all he is doing is reigniting the gills that she already had from a baby .... 

It's interesting, but I'm not sure I buy it, I don't think it's what del Toro intended? What do you think ......

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy 

Spoiler
Sorry to say it, but Del Toro says on the bluray that she is "not exactly human". yeah I borrowed it already. 😂
it's like the little mermaid in reverse! 
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 Oooohhhh well I didn't see that either! 😄 I'll bear that in mind when I next watch it, maybe I'll work out my own theory!