cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nowtv Box Won't Turn On

Hi I got a new TV and I plugged my Nowtv in to it but for some reason my nowtv box won't turn on,  i had my nowtv working in my old tv then I unplugged it to put it into my new tv but when I plugged it in to my new tv it wouldn't turn on and it still won't turn on now. My box is Nowtv model 4500SK,  could someone please help me thx.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Does the blue light show on the front of the box ?

Try reconnecting all the cables again on the box and maybe try a different HDMI port directly on your television.

Make sure you are on the correct input source on your new TV.

Also try flipping the box over and there should be a small reset button underneath the box.

First try holding in the reset button for about 5 seconds to try a soft reboot on the box.

If that doesn't work try holding in the reset button again for about 15 to 20 seconds to undertake a full factory reset on the box.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Does the blue light show on the front of the box ?

Try reconnecting all the cables again on the box and maybe try a different HDMI port directly on your television.

Make sure you are on the correct input source on your new TV.

Also try flipping the box over and there should be a small reset button underneath the box.

First try holding in the reset button for about 5 seconds to try a soft reboot on the box.

If that doesn't work try holding in the reset button again for about 15 to 20 seconds to undertake a full factory reset on the box.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

They is no light on the box,  they was a light on it when I had my old tv but when I put it In my new tv it didn't come on,  I will try that now thank you 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Also try inserting new batteries in the nowtv remote.

If you haven't selected the correct input HDMI source on your new television by pressing the AV or input source button on your television remote then you will see no picture on your television screen.

Also if you are using an external HDMI switch box, then bypass it and plug the nowtv box directly into the HDMI port on your new television.

Also i have come across in the past TV's from Bush & JVC sometimes causes a conflict with the nowtv box and one workaround was to go into the television menu settings and switch off the CEC HDMI feature on the television (though it sounds like you have a different problem between the nowtv box and your new television).

Out of curiosity what is the make and model number of your new Television ?