cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

Marvel Unlimited

Since we are all enjoying Superheroes at the minute, this appeared in my twitter feed for Marvel Unlimited, where for a monthly fee, you can read unlimited Marvel Comics on certain devices.

I'm really interested to subscribe, (if available over here) 🙂

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
6 REPLIES 6
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993

Not a subscriber myself, but I do know you can subscribe to it in UK, however you have to pay in US dollars so you'd need to check if your card issuer charges you extra for foreign transactions. Although if you're just going for the free trial presumably you'd not get charged anything. You can get the apps to access the comic books from the UK Android/Apple stores and use those to read the sub, they also have some free samples in there as well so you can see what the quality is like.

Not tried it myself, mainly because I'm not really into comic books. Having said that though, was having a stay over at an old work colleague's the other week (meet up regular for drunken horror movie nights) and ended up borrowing Batman Faces of Evil and The Joker Death in the Family from their teenage son, and quite enjoying them (Faces of Evil so-so but Death in the Family is pretty good) so I'll probably end up nabbing a few more next time I go! Had friendly argument with him over BvS, he didn't like it much, but that's teenagers for you! 😉

ukbobboy
Legend

@Andy @caseyb1993

Guys

I recently saw BvS and enjoyed the film, I thought the tone of the film was spot on but (why oh why) does Warner Brothers insist on having a (bad) comedy relief Lex Luthor.  Every Superman film ever made with a "Lex Luthor" character has used the actor concerned, no matter how talented, as a ridiculous Lex Luthor.

You know, because of Warner Brothers inbuilt inability to stop themselves from inserting "formulaic characters" into their films/movies is the reason why their "DC Universe" plan/creation is going to fail.

Back to BvS, good film but it could have been great and, apart from Lex Luthor, some pivotal plot points failed the "common sense" test.

Casey, you may remember that I reported that my son gave the film 7 out of 10, I would give it 6.5 out of 10.

UK Bob

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy I'm glad you finally got to see it 😉

I think I read somewhere that he isn't actually Lex Luthor but Lex Luthor Jr but even still, the Jesse Eisenberg image/comedy relief was a bit weird.Smiley Frustrated

I have actually only just started getting into Superman after my dad told me to watch Man of Steel which I really did enjoy. I didn't want to see the Christopher Reeve movies growing up and still haven't. Maybe I should.

Do you think Justice League part 1 will be jaw dropping? 🙂

Or sink like a rock?

so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
ukbobboy
Legend

@caseyb1993 @Andy

Hi Casey

Before I answer your question about the forthcoming Justice League film I just want to say to @Andy :-

Get  the "Killing Joke" comic book, I read the book when it first came out and I can say, from what I remember, it was one of the best DC comics I have ever read. And if I am correct, it also has a well written (undoubtedly the best) origin story of the Joker.  

Now Casey the Justice League film, Warner Brothers has the potential to make this film the greatest movie ever made but, as I said in a previous post, they will find a way to throw a huge spanner in the works, they just can't help themselves.

Just to give you an example, think about The Dark Knight (2008) Warner Brothers wanted to reintroduce Robin, Christian Bale threatened to walk out of the film if they went ahead with their daft idea. Batman Begins (2005) and The Dark Knight (2008) turned out to be the greatest Batman films made so far and that was because Warner Brothers were forced into not meddling in the creative film making process.

As for Christopher Reeves Superman, It was the best that could be achieved in 1978 and as such, apart from wasting a great actor (Gene Hackman) on a comedic Lex Luthor and introducing a very stupid LL side kick (played by Ned Beatty),  it was still a very good film.

Superman 2 (1980) was an even better film, and even though they ditched Lex Luthor's overly stupid side kick in this outing they introduced a brainless Kryptonian strongman called Non".

Finally, if the Justice League film is successful it will be because WB has not interfered in it's making.

UK Bob

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy I agree 1million % about The Killing Joke being one the best comics. It is what got me into the whole Batman scenario. That comic stayed with me for a very long time and to this day it still does. Smiley Surprised

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5
@Andy If you can, read 'The Killing Joke'. 😉