cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

LG TV and Chromecast

Hello, 

I know there are a number of threads concerning the issues with LG tvs. I have a 2 year old LG tv and the app still doesn't work for me (luckily I only signed up for a free trial). 

My question however is, does this also mean I cannot use my chromecast via the app on my phone to watch now tv on my lg tv? 

If so, its annoying as I have wasted my free trial and can only watch on my phone which I won't bother with. The LG issue isn't mentioned when signing up, it should be made clearer. 

Thanks,

Charlotte 

11 REPLIES 11
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hey Crobin

I don't have an LG TV but I do use my android tablet to cast Now TV and YouTube, via my Chromecast, to my Samsung TV, so there should be no reason why you can't do the same.

In fact, I find the Chromecast so versatile that I also cast my digital albums and Internet radios to it, such as Spotify and Amazon Music.

UK Bob 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks. 

I'm getting the same error when I try to cast from my phone as I do when I try using the now tv app on the LG tv. 

It works for other apps. I'm assuming its connected to the LG issue but wanted to check with other LG users. 

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hey again

Sorry Broh, forgot that LG has it's own particular problem, I understand, caused by it's latest OS update. 

So I'm guessing Now TV will have to update it's app to take LG's updated OS into account.

I'm afraid broh, this is gonna take a bit of time to put right.

Slightly drunk UK Bob

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Have you tried a factory reset on your LG Smart TV to see if that clears the fault on the NowTV App.

Some information in this linked thread below.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Set-top-boxes-Smart-TVs/LG-TV-how-to-get-Now-to-work-again/m-p/537826 

The Chromecast shouldn't in theory have any bearing with the fault on the LG Smart TV (unless the fault is caused across various NowTV platforms).

Also have you tried to delete the NowTV App off your smartphone that you use to cast from and try a new fresh NowTV App download from your phone Apps Store.

Also ensure the Google Chrome Cast App is up to date on your phone.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps  thanks

I only downloaded the app today for the first time on both the tv and my phone. 

I'll look into and maybe try a factory reset on the tv. 

I think my chromecast is up to date but ill check that too.

Thanks 

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User  @schnapps 

Guys

As I am a daily Chromecast user, I can say without a doubt that Google is pretty good at keeping the cast device up to date, sometimes too good.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update 

Redownloaded app on my phone. Tried again this morning and works without an issue.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User  @schnapps 

Hi Guys

Someone else on this forum, this morning, said that the Now TV app for LG was updated today, but more likely overnight.

UK Bob

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @ukbobboy 

Yeah noticed the post by the LG Smart TV owner from the other thread.

Hopefully it's fixed the issue.