cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Entering network security key - stuck in loop, can't get onto internet

Hi,

New to this forum, hope someone can help.

My laptop cannot connect to the internet, it sees my nowtv network and ask me to enter the network security key. I type this in, it disappears and takes me back to the same box asking to enter the network security key. I feel like I'm stuck in a loop and can't get anywhere. I rang my hp laptop provider and after checking system they said the issue is the network security key and to contact my broadband provider. Any ideas what I should do next? Cheers

1 REPLY 1
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I am not sure if i have read or understood your issue correctly (so apologies in advance).

Are you saying you have just switched over to NowTV Broadband and your Laptop doesn't recognise the NowTV Network SSID password underneath the bottom of the NowTV Router to access the internet ?

Does any of your other internet connected devices such has a smartphone for example connect to the NowTV Router over WiFi ?

Also, does it show the three green lights on the front of the NowTV Hub Router ?

Have you tried pressing the reset button on the back of the NowTV Router for about 10 seconds or pressing the WPS button on the front of the Router to see if that makes any difference.

Does the Laptop work over Ethernet ?

Should you need to contact the NowTV Broadband Team for further assistance & help (assuming you are a NowTV Broadband customer) then use the phone number on this link page below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1