Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

subtitles

462 REPLIES 462
Anonymous User
Not applicable

There is now an option in settings to turn on subtitles where available and even what size you want them to be. Yay!! Still not found a single programme that actually has subtitles though. 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Unfortunately, whilst the NOW TV box has a setting for subtitles this is only a general box setting for apps that support subtitles.

NOW TV has never supported subtitles in the past and still doesn't at the moment, so until they announce subtitle availability in the future there is still no way of getting subtitles on NOW TV content.

fingers crossed for sometime in the future tho!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

As a severely deaf person, I would like to thank those on this forum for letting me find this information. You have saved me from wasting money on a NowTv box. I will find a much more suitable, and less discriminating! service to watch TV with. Given the mass competition out there and Sky being efficient with subtitles (most of the time) I had hoped/expected NowTV to be caught up too on the issue of subtitles, but nevermind. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Why don't they say if subtitles will be added in the future or if something is in the pipeline? Iv recently invested in a now tv box but don't think i'll be using it for long if there's no subtitles
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I have just switched to Now TV from Netflix / Amazon Prime & Sadly (I should have verified beforehand) I didn't realise that the service didn't have subtitles <I just assumed, as it's pretty identical to Sky Movies {which has them} it would > unfortunately I'm hearing impaired & am now gonna have to cancel the service, as to me it's like trying to watch a movie with NO PICTURE - Now TV Staff, can you please address this problem as I've fallen in love with the far superior service you offer in comparison to others <as far as I know most movies, at least on DVD Release, have subtitles - surely you can port the subtitle data from here with little or no additional cost to yourselves. Or offer a subtitled service that costs £1 or £2 extra per month - I know I'd be happy to pay extra so that I could fully enjoy & understand the movie...
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Would love to have NOW but without subtitles its useless. If you are adding subtitles please do not do it at Christmas as the site wold be so saturated with new business that it would probably go down.

Fortunately Netflix now has subtitles so will have to make do with that.    Thanks   Phil

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I left because lack of subs meant I could not view at night.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I believe by failing to take reasonable measures to support the needs of users with disabilities, Sky NowTV are in breach of the Disability Discrimination Act 1995. I wonder what kind of penalty they may get if this were reported to the appropriate statutary authority?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
So there's comments from January saying subtitles will soon be implemented... 11 months later and I still don't see any subtitle option? Will this ever happen?
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
So there's comments from January saying subtitles will soon be implemented... 11 months later and I still don't see any subtitle option? Will this ever happen?

Really! Where?