cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
the-nadger Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: Subtitles(CC)

@4268@Tc9999

The only app I know that supports Subtitles is Netflix on my two Rokus ( not NOWTV box)

Please click on Thanks if I've helped. I'm a Community Contributor not staff.
commanda6 Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: Subtitles(CC)

Hi @the-nadger

Google play movies also support subtitles/closed captions, but not for all content. Let's be honest closed captions/subtitles do the same thing. It's just that the end result is not achieved in the same way

I do not work for now TV. I am simply a NowTV customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.

If you find posts on the community useful or helpful can you give them Thanks By pressing the thumbs up button. If a post solves a problem you are having can you mark it as an accepted solution.
andoverecho
Advocate

Re: Why are the no subtites?

Hi Karl. I kindly ask your now team to make subtitles please very mach.... It is deadline for your future!  😃 Pleeeeease !

0 Thanks
delanet

Re: Why are the no subtites?

Hello all. I use subtitles for all my viewing. Does NOW TV know there are 9 million adults in the UK with hearing loss? That's a big market segment! I was just about to join NOW TV (Via the kelloggs 2 month pass offer) - but will not until you have subtitles.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Kev12

Subtitles

Subtitles are needed urgently. I will be cancelling my subscription due to lack of them. As now TV is almost double the cost of Netflix and Amazon who both offer subtitles it's not really acceptable. To alienate a large section of the community because of a disability is not ok. When speaking to an advisor on the live chat I was informed they there is no timescale set for when this is happening and it was due to technical difficulties. Is this true? If so how have other apps solved this yet now tv are still struggling to grasp it?
Tags (1)
0 Thanks
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Subtitles

Hi @Kev12,

Thanks for posting.

We work with a large account of content providers so this can make the process somewhat more complex but this is something that we're looking to implement.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

0 Thanks
Ntwaha
Advocate

Re: Subtitles

I started my free trial a couple of days ago and while i am very happy with the movies on now tv, i am not enjoying myself at all because i can just about hear/understand anything without subtitles!! So for now, i don't think i'll be cancelling my netflix account. There wld be no point. I am very disappointed that this has been an issue since 2012 and still not sorted! 

0 Thanks
Sarah03
Advocate

Re: subtitles

Subtitles are a must in our home as my husband is hard of hearing. I'm trying really hard to convince him that Now TV is worth keeping but it's stopping him from getting the most out of his TV . Please change this sooner rather than later.
0 Thanks
wilkinsonc80
Advocate

Has 'very soon' happened yet? Two years on and I can't find subtitles on the now tv app. Am I missing something?
0 Thanks
Fulvio78
Advocate

Ahaha one of the team said "they will come very soon" 2013 ^____^

0 Thanks