cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mentor

Re: subtitles

Can you do a screen shot?

As I don't want to buy the device again which I've binned it in the first place!

0 Thanks
Highlighted
NOW TV Team (Retired)

@BUXTONLAD @Colt45UK there's been no change regarding subtitles. We'd let you know here as soon as there was such news.

Thanks,

Tom

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Scholar 2

@Colt45UK  @Tom-R  Colt45 - Dont bother purchasing another box. Now TV do NOT deserve the money again!! It seems that even though Closed Captioning has been incorporated within the new firmware thats as much as Now TV are capable of delivering. It sure isnt achieving customer expectations thats for sure!!!! Yet again, despite the NUMEROUS requests of your customers TOM it appears not to matter one jot to your organisation. 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
NOW TV Team (Retired)

It really does matter to us, but that doesn't mean it's something we can just get up and do. I've explained before that it's very technically complex to implement. Comments from people saying "freeview does it" don't take into account that our internet TV service is built in a completely different way. I know Netflix have subtitles, but again, different service, different platform.

Tom

0 Thanks
Highlighted

Tom,

That was a rubbish email.

Highlighted
Scholar 2

@Tom-R @Colt45UK You say that Tom however I would draw your attention to the following post I made not that long ago. Your response (if you call it that) was to dismiss what any other agents have advised in the past. That would mean therefore that the agent's reply was an untruth or at very best just a fob off!!!!

What actions have Now TV put in place to ensure subtitles are provided? Lawrence indicated back in 2012 it "was high up on your list of priorities". Clearly not high enough!! and the "writing was on the wall", I presume this was the Berlin wall as the writing like the wall have long gone!!!!!

**Below is one of the many replies from Now Tv agents. Bear in mind this reply was 2012. Where are Now Tv in regards to it's implementation of subtitles?
NOW TV Team Lawrence-G

Lawrence-G
Options
‎15-12-2012 14:06
aiko1994 wrote:
I would like to be able to have subtitles on films, like they have on dvd's as it would help people that are hard of hearing
Hi aiko1994,

At this moment in time NOW TV doesn't support subtitles. The writing is on the wall for us in regards to subtitles, and as such it is high up on our list of our priorities. Rest assured we are looking into as we want as many people to enjoy our service as possible.

I hope this answers your query and you are still able to enjoy NOW TV.

Many thanks,

Lawrence
NOW TV Team **

Highlighted
Mentor

Can I have a free trial again? As I've used up last time which I hardly touched it! 😞

Don't want to risk waste money if there arent enough subtitiles.

0 Thanks
Highlighted

I wonder if we all wrote to Watchdog, they would take this up. Dont tell me with all the resources at Sky's disposal that they cannot put subtitles on.

It just doesnt wash with me. 

Chrissy

Tags (2)
Highlighted
Advocate

Any progress with implementing subtitles? It is essential for deaf/ hard of hearing people

0 Thanks
Highlighted

My view is this..and always has been : yes...NOW TV should have subtitles to cater for that part of the viewing population that are partially sighted / blind ! However...Now TV are not the only streaming service out there..and people that aren't happy with the service on offer should just simply move to another supplier that does support subtitles ! I...for one am happy with the Now TV service .... apart from the times their service goes down...However..if I was blind etc...I would obviously just opt for a service that caters for my disability !