cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Thom77
Expert 3

Re: Walking Dead chat *CONTAINS SPOILERS*

@Lindzi 

Yes, I'm also hoping that all future TWD spin-offs will be on Fox and not AMC....... I used to be very smug with my AMC viewing, now my smugness has gone☹️

I only got to episode two of FTWD season 5 before I stopped and then gave up BT TV and apparently Dwight shows up in episode three....... hence, he does crossover but I never saw him!!!!

You don't need to wait a year for FTWD if you go for the DVD/Blu-ray........ a new season finishes on AMC in October (just before new TWD returns) and last year the DVD was out in December, so it's not that long a wait when all is said and done.

I'm sure I'll give Netflix a good go when I finally take the plunge...... starting with a binge of Stranger Things....... I'll also get right up to date with Orange is the New Black and Better Call Saul (after starting those on DVDs)...... and I don't mind the odd documentary, so I'll probably try that Making a Murderer thing.

Andy Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi @Thom77 The show will go on forever! Or at least 40 years! That’s the plan!! In fact, with my intense fitness regime, there’s an excellent chance it will outlive me! I’ll never find out who the helicopter people are!! 

On a side note, soooo sorry for the late reply, but to add to all the other problems we encounter, I’m now not getting any email notifications of replies or when someone mentions me, so unless I login to check my notifications on site I’m none the wiser when either of you post some juicy gossip!!

I shall therefore have to start logging in on a more regular basis just to see if anyone has mentioned me ... which will lead to me being sad when I find out nobody has mentioned me, on top of the gloom of knowing the site doesn’t want to let me know if someone does mention me ... leading to a vicious cycle of forum-depression which could tip me over the edge! Where’s my tin hat!

Thom77
Expert 3

@Andy wrote:

On a side note, soooo sorry for the late reply, but to add to all the other problems we encounter, I’m now not getting any email notifications of replies or when someone mentions me, so unless I login to check my notifications on site I’m none the wiser when either of you post some juicy gossip!!

I shall therefore have to start logging in on a more regular basis just to see if anyone has mentioned me ... which will lead to me being sad when I find out nobody has mentioned me, on top of the gloom of knowing the site doesn’t want to let me know if someone does mention me ... leading to a vicious cycle of forum-depression which could tip me over the edge! Where’s my tin hat!

@Andy

Funny you should mention the email notification thing, I was starting to notice it was getting a bit hit and miss.  I still get email notifications when you tag me, but when @Lindzi  tags me I now seem not to get an email notification??....... who knows what's happening, as you say, you'll just need to log in more to see what is going on!!!

As an aside (we all love an aside), have you seen the news that there will soon be a new Gremlins animated series hitting the airwaves, Gremlins: The Secrets of the Mogwai (or something like that).  I think it's coming soon to a new US streaming service, so who knows if you'd see it in the UK...... but as you like the movie, maybe this news will be of interest????

Lindzi
Elite

@Thom77   @Andy 

A little test...

I am posting this from a PC, and my original post was from my mobile phone, so if you receive an email notification for this post then we know that it is posts from mobiles that is the problem (along with not being able to sign out, no smiley faces, quotes or @ suggestions when replying 🙄 )

Thom77
Expert 3

@Lindzi 

I didn't get an email notification for your Test Post from the PC...... so I don't get any email notifications from you no matter how you send them, yet I still get them from @Andy ...... are Now TV trying to tell us something?????

Lindzi
Elite

@Thom77 

Ah well it was just a thought!! 😁

Same here though, I was receiving email notifications from @schnapps but not @RoyB when they were helping me with the Samsung app this week.

It's annoying though as I like a chit chat about our favourite shows and I have FOMO of course 😆

Andy Legend 5
Legend 5

Well tickle me purple, I’ve received mention-notifications by email from @Thom77 for the last two posts ... but nothing from @Lindzi at all ... BUT I didn’t receive notifications by email from either of you for any of your previous day’s discussions ... having put everything into a spreadsheet and performed an intricate Bayesian analysis on, I’ve come to a 95% confident conclusion that ... it’s knackered!!

However I did assume it was just me having the problem as I’ve not seen anyone else mention anything. Now I know it’s not just me, I’ll tag @Simon-J who may or may not notice I’ve tagged him (depends if he gets a notification!!!) and may or may not be able to do anything about it.

Good job it waited until after GoT to go anti-Andy!! 

Andy Legend 5
Legend 5

@Thom77 wrote:

As an aside (we all love an aside), have you seen the news that there will soon be a new Gremlins animated series hitting the airwaves, Gremlins: The Secrets of the Mogwai (or something like that).  I think it's coming soon to a new US streaming service, so who knows if you'd see it in the UK...... but as you like the movie, maybe this news will be of interest???

@Thom77 (KNOCKS VERY LOUDLY SO YOU NOTICE)  I did see the news about that! As a lifelong Gremlins fan I’m very excited (there’s also mumblings of a reboot movie) and can only hope it comes to a streaming service I can access!

And while I’m at it, I may ... just may .... start watching FTWD next week - I’m sure I asked you but to save trawling back through the thread, can I jump straight into S4 without finishing off S3? Will enough of it make sense? If so I’ll probably wiki the episode summaries for the second half of S3 and just go for S4, as you know how much I’ve struggled with it! 

Thom77
Expert 3

@Andy wrote:

And while I’m at it, I may ... just may .... start watching FTWD next week - I’m sure I asked you but to save trawling back through the thread, can I jump straight into S4 without finishing off S3? Will enough of it make sense? If so I’ll probably wiki the episode summaries for the second half of S3 and just go for S4, as you know how much I’ve struggled with it! 

@Andy 

So, you are so bored with the lack of good Summer TV viewing that you'll give FTWD another try????

Yes, with regards FTWD S3/S4, I think my advice way back when was to wikipedia the episode descriptions for the final eps of S3 and just get yourself going with S4.... there should be no real issue with doing it that way as S4 is a good place to pick up from again, @Lindzi  is liking it and I'm sure you will.  I do miss my new S5 though.... no more BT TV, no more AMC😭😭

Andy Legend 5
Legend 5

@Thom77 @Lindzi The Walking Dead Rick movie .... ONLY in cinemas!!!! Didn’t see that one coming! 🧐🤔

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2019/07/20/huge-new-details-on-the-walking-dead-rick-grimes-m...