Did you mean: 
Lindzi
Scholar 5

Re: Walking Dead chat *CONTAINS SPOILERS*

@Andy  it was just sitting in my timeline I promise Smiley Happy

Lindzi
Scholar 5

PS have you given Hanna a go yet? If so let me know if it's worth it, enjoyed the film but not sure I want a whole season of it. 

@Andy 

No I haven't, I don't really know anything about Hanna, I had no idea that there was a film!

Thom77
Scholar 5

@Andy @Lindzi 

The next Walking Dead spin-off......

https://www.tvwise.co.uk/2019/04/amc-orders-new-the-walking-dead-series-featuring-two-female-protago...

" It is not immediately clear if the series will air on AMC’s network of global channels or if AMC Studios will seek to license it on a territory by territory basis"

....... and I'm guessing that's the line saying no one knows if it would go on AMC or could someone else get the Rights???????

Andy Legend 5
Legend 5

@Thom77 thanks for that - actually a teen-focused TWD sounds like a good spin, should be plenty of idiotic decisions for us to ridicule and lots of annoying characters for us to cheer the Walkers on with. I just hope there is a different setting for the new show - we definitely don’t tune into TWD for it’s breathtaking cinematography! If we can’t go to snowy Alaska then at least take us to the Rocky Mountains, or the Great Lakes, or the forests of Vancouver or Washington state, the urban sprawl of New York (Walkers living in the Statue of Liberty)

Thom77
Scholar 5

@Andy 

Does sound like it will be an interesting spin-off...... and yes, give us a good location.  I do like a good City location, but I'd imagine that is difficult and costly to film.... so probably in the woods somewhere!!!!

Thom77
Scholar 5

@Andy @Lindzi 

I'm sure it was somewhere further back in this TWD thread that we briefly mentioned our watching of The Passage on Fox....... and now that we might have enjoyed that new show, they have just gone and cancelled it!!!!!!

I liked it, but season one did actually seem to end in a way that could have been the ultimate ending...... and so it has turned out to be.

Lindzi
Scholar 5

@Thom77 

I liked it but yes when it ended I didn't expect another one as it seemed pretty final. The child in that didn't annoy me so that was a big plus 🙂

Andy Legend 5
Legend 5

@Thom77  Argghh typical Fox, it cancels more shows than it renews. That’s triple annoyance with The Passage.

1. I was enjoying watching it, pacing myself nicely and then the show left NOW TV a few days earlier than it should have done, leaving me with 3 episodes I hadn’t seen. 

2. I’ve had to wait until now for it to return, and started watching it again last night, now you tell me it’s been cancelled!!

3. Having given up on reading the books, it now looks like I’ll have to start reading them again to get any sort of ending! Or I might just pretend ep 10 is the end and the books were never written!

Shame, I thought it was just as interesting as The Strain.

Thom77
Scholar 5

@Andy wrote:

@Thom77  Argghh typical Fox, it cancels more shows than it renews. That’s triple annoyance with The Passage.

1. I was enjoying watching it, pacing myself nicely and then the show left NOW TV a few days earlier than it should have done, leaving me with 3 episodes I hadn’t seen. 

2. I’ve had to wait until now for it to return, and started watching it again last night, now you tell me it’s been cancelled!!

3. Having given up on reading the books, it now looks like I’ll have to start reading them again to get any sort of ending! Or I might just pretend ep 10 is the end and the books were never written!

Shame, I thought it was just as interesting as The Strain.

@Andy 

Didn't realise you had not got to the end of season one......... just as well I didn't throw in a big spoiler in my last Post!!!!  Are you sure Now TV messed up with their dates, sounds so unlike them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I knew the whole thing was based on a trilogy of books, but wasn't sure if season one on TV was based on just the first book or all three together...... maybe it was one book per season and the makers were only going to do three seasons......and in the end only got one!!!!

I didn't mind the season one ending...... interesting to find out what you think when you see it.

Andy Legend 5
Legend 5

@Thom77  The first season would (I guess - I only got about half way through the first book, which is like a doorstop and just took an age to get anywhere. The other two books are also doorstops and I just don’t have enough doors that need stopping!) have only covered the first book as I understand the next two books jump all over the place back and forward in time and I think Amy is an adult when she appears in book 2. Perhaps it’s for the best they cancel it early, I suspect it would be more frustrating to start jumping around into other time periods in season 2, getting a wider story, and then it gets cancelled.

Still, I find the TV networks tendency to cancel shows at the drop of a hat frustrating. It’s not like the ‘good old days’ (A-Team, Six Million Dollar Man, Incredible Hulk, Knight Rider) when every show was a self-contained completely-unrelated-to-anything-that-came-before-or-after episode each week. Nowadays we are expected to invest our time into complex ongoing story arcs for hour after hour only to find out after we’ve invested said time that they’ve canned it! Imagine if they’d cancelled GoT after season 2 before we ever got a chance to see Joffrey get his comeuppance! 

On the positive side, my collection of half-read GoT books and The Passage look very impressive on the bookshelf when visitors come. ‘Oh yes, devoured them all in a few days, couldn’t put them down, classics they are ...’ etc .