Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Elite

Re: Walking Dead chat *CONTAINS SPOILERS*

@Andy wrote:

@Lindzi wrote:

The spin off is about a community that has lived behind walls so have been sheltered from everything but they have some kind of weapon. I don't know, it sounds a bit dull but obviously I'll watch it 😄

@Lindzi @Thom77 Oh, that’s not what I thought it was ... I had it in my mind it was about a group of youngsters who had grown up in the apocalypse, I might be getting mixed up with another programme - or maybe that was one of the ideas they rejected (they must have come up with about half a dozen spin-off ideas by now - I was wanting the one set in the Arctic!!)

@Andy @Lindzi 

Yes, I'm maybe getting a bit lost on what spin-offs are coming as well........ that one with youngsters and this other one they mentioned last night..... so there are two new shows coming OR are they both the same show, so just one show coming????

Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Thom77 wrote:

BUT, in those dark woods when the Walkers were getting close the Whisperers reverted to type and I couldn't make out a bloomin' word they were saying to one another!!!!!  What are they saying to each other??  "We're coming to get you" or "they went that way" or are they just making spooky noises????  One day I'll catch what they actually say.

@Thom77 @Lindzi You’re spot on this time, even I couldn’t make out what they were saying - I almost rewound and put subtitles on but couldn’t be bothered in the end, it was only a sentence or two ... probably ‘s**t there’s that Daryl and Carol, let’s get back quick’ or something similar 

And you’re right about all these streaming services now, it sounds like Disney are pulling pretty much everything off Sky Cinema, so who knows what will happen with the TV side of things - it could end up anywhere! 

Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Thom77 @Lindzi Quick Google and looks like it’s the same show ... synopsis - 

The new show’s synopsis: “The third installment of the franchise will feature two young female protagonists and focus on the first generation to come-of-age in the apocalypse as we know it. Some will become heroes. Some will become villains. In the end, all of them will be changed forever. Grown-up and cemented in their identities, both good and bad.”

... Young adult .... Chandler Riggs needing a new pair of sneakers .... please no, it couldn’t happen!!!

OH, and how could we forget ... the old mysterious stomach bug in Alexandria. Now, I know it’s just cos I’m a skeptic and watch too many horror films, but sudden mysterious bug, people sick, straight away I’m thinking — It’s Dante!!!! I don’t trust doctors who joke around, I’d be checking out his medicine cabinet and making sure he’s not looking for a quick way of passing his medical exams! Look at this miraculous cure for this mysterious illness, I’m a genius doctor, everybody love me .... OR rations are getting a bit low, everybody keeps nicking the peanut butter, let’s thin the competition a bit .... 

I’m on the case!!! 🤨😉👍

5AECD339-56EA-4533-BAC3-4B3D44A33597.jpeg

Highlighted
Elite

@Andy wrote:

And you’re right about all these streaming services now, it sounds like Disney are pulling pretty much everything off Sky Cinema, so who knows what will happen with the TV side of things - it could end up anywhere! 

@Andy @Lindzi 

..... and it's probably pretty frightening just all the things that Disney might own or have a hand in.... the TV World is certainly changing with those big floppy mouse ears ready to hoover up much of what we watch.  Family Guy on ITV2 last night did a good episode on Disney being their new Overlords!!!!

Highlighted
Elite

@Andy wrote:

@Thom77 @Lindzi 

OH, and how could we forget ... the old mysterious stomach bug in Alexandria. Now, I know it’s just cos I’m a skeptic and watch too many horror films, but sudden mysterious bug, people sick, straight away I’m thinking — It’s Dante!!!! I don’t trust doctors who joke around, I’d be checking out his medicine cabinet and making sure he’s not looking for a quick way of passing his medical exams! Look at this miraculous cure for this mysterious illness, I’m a genius doctor, everybody love me .... OR rations are getting a bit low, everybody keeps nicking the peanut butter, let’s thin the competition a bit ....

@Andy @Lindzi 

For sure, that Dante..... the doctor without borders, is way too fresh with the babymama jokes.... he's definitely got something going on with all these folk getting ill?????  More to come with him for sure.

Highlighted
Elite

@Thom77   @Andy 

Got to be munchausen by proxy, waaayyyyy too chippy and we know that he has some history with  PTSD etc and maybe his wiring is a bit off. All his buddies in the army got killed so he's saving everyone now......after he made them ill in the first place  🤔 😁

Well we'll have to wait and see what happens with TWD spin offs and where they'll live, but do these streaming services think that joe public has unlimited funds to sign up to all this stuff? I'm going to have to be strategic in what I sign up to, for how long and more importantly remember to cancel 😟

Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi wrote:

I'm going to have to be strategic in what I sign up to, for how long and more importantly remember to cancel 😟

@Lindzi @Thom77 Ye, there’s only so many hours in the day for TV, so I think that’s the key ... chop and change and pick the best bits out of them all, although it takes just as much time working out what shows are where and when than it does actually watching them these days!! 

And I’m glad you’re all sharing my Dante suspicions! They don’t get one over on us TWD experts!! 😝

PS Really enjoying BBC’s His Dark Materials if anyone has tuned in? Looking at all the chatter though it’s very Marmite!

Highlighted
Elite

@Andy wrote:

PS Really enjoying BBC’s His Dark Materials if anyone has tuned in? Looking at all the chatter though it’s very Marmite!

@Andy   @Thom77 

I haven't yet, I think I read not so good reviews which put me off a bit. Although we have similiar viewing tastes so I will give it a go as you've recommended it

Highlighted
Elite

@Andy wrote:

@Andy @Lindzi 

I haven't bothered with His Dark Materials....... it does visually look pretty good, but I just wasn't interested enough to squeeze it in to an already busy viewing schedule.

Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Thom77 @Lindzi always the problem - too much TV too little time! Just before we depart, any sneak peeks for next week’s ep on Talking? Is it another Negan ep?