cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: Walking Dead chat *CONTAINS SPOILERS*

@Lindzi @Thom77 I wonder if Gamma is going to open up a whole new can of worms in the Whisperer camp! After all, now everyone has seen Gamma getting a promotion, will there be big fights over who gets to be Delta? And Epsilon? And will Epsilon and Delta fall out over who is 4th? And with all the whispering will we ever be able to tell pi, phi and chi apart??

And there’s only 24 letters in the Greek alphabet, so what happens once Omega is promoted? Will there be a Whisperer civil war?? 

Alpha really didn’t think this through did she..... 🤔

Thom77
Elite

@Andy wrote:

@Thom77 wrote:

@Andy @Lindzi 

Remember, I no longer have AMC........ but when I get the DVD and if I remember to look out for it, I'll be right back on this Thread to update.  Maybe Alpha just remembers him as that guy from Sons of Anarchy????

@Thom77 @Lindzi Oh damn, forgot!! Is it on Prime yet? I can’t even keep track of which is the latest season. If it is then we’ll give that to Lindz for a bit of extra homework! How are we going to cope when this new spin-off show appears and they start dropping threads across all 3 shows! 

@Andy 

Season 5 FTWD is the very newest one that may have only just ended on AMC UK, so it may not yet be on Prime...... and when it does come it will be a cost extra for many many months and @Lindzi  quite rightly doesn't do those cost option extras.  Not sure when season 5 DVD will be out, but probably at some point well before Prime get it as 'included'.

Lindzi
Elite

@Thom77   @Andy 

FTWD can be watched on Prime as it is airing, however they charge for this per episode so if you really wanted to watch S5 it can be done straight away, but no way would I pay extra on top of my sub for it. For S5 to be included in Prime membership you have to wait about a year I reckon (basically after S6 airs). So any story threads across the shows are pretty wasted on non AMC channel watchers or Prime watchers.

Will I ever find out about the helicopter people as I wouldn't be going to the cinema to watch Rick Grimes films either 🙄

Thom77
Elite

@Lindzi 

Quite right, life would be so much easier if they just stuck to the one main show..... no spin-offs across multiple platforms, it's a nightmare.

Andy Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi wrote:

Will I ever find out about the helicopter people as I wouldn't be going to the cinema to watch Rick Grimes films either 🙄

@Lindzi @Thom77 I probably would go and see it in the cinema out of curiosity, but I really don’t know what they’re thinking making it a cinema release. If it’s a continuation of the story, then it’s not going to make much sense to anyone who doesn’t watch TWD, and the viewing figures for TWD aren’t that high and have been steadily declining over the years, so I can’t actually see that many people turning up to watch it.

Which makes me wonder if maybe it will be one of those releases that ends up getting released on streaming services at the same time as it airs in the cinema - maybe Sky Cinema will pick it up. If not then I can see them releasing it on home release very quickly afterwards - it’s hardly a Marvel blockbuster that needs milking at the cinema for all they can get. 

And if the first one doesn’t do well at the cinema, will the two others just get sent straight to TV instead? Maybe. 🤷‍♂️

Thom77
Elite

@Andy @Lindzi 

That was a nice scary episode..... we should certainly have more episodes where sleep deprivation is a thing!!!!

The scene on HeadPole Hill (or whatever it's called) where the meeting went down with Alpha was fantastic.  Just a good episode with some good levels of paranoia and scares.

....... and the light relief of Eugene going well and truly to Friendzone with Rosita!!!!!

Andy Legend 5
Legend 5

@Thom77 @Lindzi Yes, it was a good watch! Everyone on full sleep-deprived paranoia together with physical and mental exhaustion - it’s difficult to tell the living from the dead, they all look like zombies!!! Carol as wired as an electricity substation, and some great dream-nightmare moments - couldn’t see clearly enough - but was that the 2 girls that used to live with her (and had to kill one when she turned and killed the other) on the school book with her in that dream? If so, a nice nod back. 

Also good to see Negan getting a bit of action, even if he is as knackered as everyone else - the poor lad just wants to go back to his allotment and have 40 winks in the garden shed. It’s a hard life! 

Now both sides are sneaking into each other’s territory it will be interesting to see what happens next! 

Thom77
Elite

@Andy @Lindzi 

Yes, the 'good housekeeping' book was a very nice touch........ I also couldn't really tell who all the kids were on the front cover, but no doubt they were there for a reason, whoever they were!!!!

Lindzi
Elite

@Andy  @Thom77 

I liked this one! Mini horror movie vibe to it and I could hear what everyone was saying.

Poor Carol, staying awake to avoid nightmares is not helping is it? She just gets waking ones instead.

Yes the book cover included the two girls (the one who killed her sister and the one Carol told to smell the flowers whilst shooting her in the head....ah memories!)

PS check you out @Andy  with the stars next to your name......fancy!! 😀

Andy Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi wrote:

Yes the book cover included the two girls (the one who killed her sister and the one Carol told to smell the flowers whilst shooting her in the head....ah memories!)

@Lindzi @Thom77  woohoo I’m quite proud of my powers of observation there!!! Now, just to double check that whisperer who ‘woke up’ at the end - is that one of the ones Carol saw and nobody believed her? 

As for the stars, yes it does look fancy and is official confirmation that I talk a LOT of old codswallop on the forum! 😂