cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

ROKU Stick: Surround Sound & Picture issues since NOW update

Hi, since the NOW update I can no longer get surround sound via ROKU, also the playback is reduced to the top left quarter of the screen. All other services are fine, Prime, Netflix, Home Streaming etc.

When I check my NOW account in ROKU it confirms Media Boost is active on my account.

I did have issues previously with surround sound depending on the screen selection I made on my TV, (LG LM860V 3D). I had to set the screen to "Just Scan" as opposed to "Original" for the Surround Sound to work. NOW works thru APPs on BT since the update, previously it would not play Surround Sound in the old NOW TV APP via BT on the BT Box.

I have tried all the various Sound & Screen settings in ROKU, it does not make any difference. My setup is LG TV to Onkyo AV Receiver via HDMI and ROKU to AV Receiver via HDMI.

1 REPLY 1
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

So there is known issues with the rebranded NOW on multiple devices and this is mentioned across the forum. 

What NOW appear to be saying on social media is that they are working on it and to keep an eye for updates.

Its worthwhile, checking to see if deleting the app and reinstalling it, along with turn your router off and on again might resolve it for you.

As for sound, you most leikly have tired this already, but according to the Boost help link this is what you need to do change to get 5.1 on NOW.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-adjust-audio-settings

To select surround sound:

• From your Box or Stick homepage, scroll down to the bottom and select Settings, then Audio.
  • The Audio Mode should be set to Auto and HDMI set to Dolby D+.

To select stereo:

• From your Box or Stick homepage, scroll down to the bottom and select Settings, then Audio.
  • The Audio Mode should be set to Stereo and HDMI set to PCM-Stereo.
FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help