cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

IDEA: PIN for adding or deleting devices

I cant post in the ideas section.

I would like a PIN number to stop the kids deleting devices, it dosent matter how many times I tell them not to, mysteriously devices keep getting deleted which means an unnessesery web chat with NowTv customer service staff.

It must be the reason why the devices dissapear, I cant think of why else they would.

Pretty Please :)))

8 REPLIES 8
Legend 5
Legend 5

Alternatively you could change the password to one the kids don't know.   

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Oh wow... I hadn't thought about kids doing this Smiley Surprised 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It happened again.

Game of thrones....they all want to watch it seperatley!

Im guessing its device limit reached so they go tinkering and deleting devices to try and get it to play, they just dont get how it works!!

Pin please!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User the only way to delete devices is to login to this website. Change the password and don't tell them what it is.

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Anonymous User the only way to delete devices is to login to this website. Change the password and don't tell them what it is.

Hi @Anonymous User

I'm pretty sure devices can be removed using the android app. I've just checked and it certainly looks like you can

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
ukbobboy
Legend

@commanda6 @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @4268 @SeeMoreDigital

Hi Guys

I always thought that the PIN protected your account from unauthorised purchases, not deleting devices.

I guess it would be a good idea if the "deleting and adding devices" facility was added to the current PIN function, rather than creating a new and separate PIN function.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I actually think the idea of having a pin on the removal and adding of devices is a good idea, espeically where you have kids but also it adds some extra precuations to the remaval/changes process. Maybe even reduce the amount of people contacting live chat for 'Accidentally removing things'.

You could just use the parental pin for this as it would basically be a kind a prenetal lock. Though i guess inplimenting it would not be as easy as it sounds since all apps across all devices/platforms would need to be updated to support it.

Many other online services do have features like this though. I can't sign into or remove a device/app from my microsoft account without an authenticator code, google has a simular system, even the Yourtube app on the NowTV box requires a one time code to login to the account and add the device to your account.

Legend 5
Legend 5

Oh and don't have your browser remember the password 😉
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.