cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nigelfir
Mentor

Freeview can't login

Hi

I have a Freeview box (ex BT but no BT subscription) & I have a NOW Cinema  pass.  I can watch films fine on my computer. My Freeview box has a NOW TV app, but when I try to watch anything, the sign in screen appears but i can't type anything  at all on my remote control. Any ideas please?

Thanks

Nigel

0 Thanks
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: Freeview can't login

Hi @nigelfir 

You will be surprised how many people get caught out and don't think of pressing the OK button on the Youview remote when asked to enter their NOW account details.

Pressing the OK enter button on the Youview remote when on the screen page that shows the blank entry boxes for your username / email address & password will bring up a virtual keyboard on screen to type in your details.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@nigelfir 

You will need to press "enter/OK" on your remote within the username/email field. This will then bring up the keyboard for you to type in your login details

Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@nigelfir Do you have a USB keyboard (or one that uses a wifi dongle) available?

If so, you should be able to use that to enter text. The Freeview boxes can certainly be controlled by a keyboard. There is also the BT tv app, but I don’t recall if it allows keyboard entry.

Or better still, follow @gavs82008 ‘s advice.

nigelfir
Mentor

ok will try that tonight thanks

nigelfir
Mentor

Hi Hadn't thought of that will try the other solution first, saves me looking for a suitabble keyboard

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @nigelfir 

You will be surprised how many people get caught out and don't think of pressing the OK button on the Youview remote when asked to enter their NOW account details.

Pressing the OK enter button on the Youview remote when on the screen page that shows the blank entry boxes for your username / email address & password will bring up a virtual keyboard on screen to type in your details.

View solution in original post