cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Disconnecting someone from your wifi

Hi this is the first time asking the community so basically I jus wanted to found out how do I disconnect someone from using my WiFi?.
The reason I’m asking is because I’m in a shared house and they asked to give me some change to use it monthly but I’m worried if they don’t pay me or there’s complications don’t really want the hassles jus wanted to do a favour.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
bacillus
Expert

Just change the router's wifi password and they'll be locked out.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
bacillus
Expert

Just change the router's wifi password and they'll be locked out.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Okay thanks Hun I will try that
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ok thank u will try that 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank u how do I do that in settings?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Do you mean that you want to stop somebody using the wifi off your NowTV Hub Router ?

If so, perhaps try changing the wifi password and SSID network name (there should be some instructions from my post in this linked thread below).

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Account-Billing/How-can-I-change-my-WiFi-password/m-p/516783 

There might be a stumbling block to this, if the person you want to block is in the same household and can physically get at the NowTV Hub Router, then if they factory reset the Router by pressing the rest button on the back of the Router for about 10 seconds they will put the wifi password back to default and you are back to square one.

Perhaps somebody with better IT & Security Network knowledge will come to your rescue.

If you are referring to somebody having access to your NowTV account and using your NowTV details to watch NowTV TV passes on a device, then post back and i will provide an help article how to force a logout of all NowTV streaming devices on your account.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank ya very much 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Have a read of this NowTV Help article linked below on how to change your Hub Router WiFi password if you can't follow the instructions on my post.

Also if you have split the two wifi bands into two for both 2.4ghz & 5ghz you will need to change the password on both.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-do-i-change-or-reset-my-wi-fi-password