cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stopads
Advocate

Adverts

I can honestly say what a serious shame that now tv has gone down the route of adverts. Now I do understand to some degree that they may be necessary to some extent, but seriously repeatedly showing adverts in the middle of programmes and worse of all even a 20 minute programme get interrupted by the same repeated adverts!! To say that getting boost is a work round is as bad as YouTube has got. In my opinion people were fine with price increases as now tv were always fair with price, but this takes this biscuit to be fair, I feel like I'm watching terristle tv or a free service such as Pluto tv... please, please, please get rid of the ads, it really does ruin the experience of watching TV the w

0 Thanks
4 Replies
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: Adverts

@Stopads 

You need to take out boost to get rid of any adverts.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/can-i-watch-without-ads

FYI that I do not work for NOW, I am simply a NOW customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service and like you I am still a customer. For any account issues you’ll need to contact staff via customer support.
0 Thanks
Stopads
Advocate

@gavs82008 yes im fully aware that taking boost out will resolve the problem with adverts... but thats the point.. an extra £5 to get rid of adverts and have extra devices which is something we had before anyway is very cheeky in my humble opinion 

0 Thanks
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Stopads 

Oh I agree 100% with you. As frustrating as it is, that’s how the powers at be of NOW wanted to go with. 

Personally I feel that boost should be more than 1080p etc. maybe something like Netflix 4 streams and 4k.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, I am simply a NOW customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service and like you I am still a customer. For any account issues you’ll need to contact staff via customer support.
0 Thanks
RoyB
Legend 5
Legend 5

As my bank manager once recounted about a (possibly apocryphal) greengrocers, “they couldn’t make enough money selling fruit and vegetables, so they started charging for paper bags”. With the inevitable consequences…..

I think Now must have sneaked a look in their playbook 😢

If my posting answered your question, please click ‘Accept Answer’ on it
(As long as you started the thread, and haven’t already accepted an answer)
If you liked my posting, please click ‘Thanks’ (the thumbs-up icon)
If you disagree with my posting, say so below, and I will see if I need to mend my ways 🙂
0 Thanks