cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DaveJonn
Advocate

Re: Adverts

They can shove these adverts where the sun does not shine. Fair enough if this was a free service, but it's not. It's also not what it was a year or so ago and the content is now rather weak compared to the cheaper competition.

After 3 adverts back to back before a film I came on here to cancel. A discounted membership for 6 months has made me potentially stay.... for now. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@DaveJonn 

Will put it this way, if it wasn’t for my discounts on all 3 of my memberships including boost to pay £9 a month then I would be gone quicker than the flash!

FYI that I do not work for NOW, I am simply a NOW customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service and like you I am still a customer. For any account issues you’ll need to contact staff via customer support.
starman73
Expert 3

…not what it was a year or so ago and the content is now rather weak compared to the cheaper competition.

I find far more of interest on Prime and Disney + these days.  Even BritBox gives Now a run for its money.  Cinema is pretty dire, especially Sky Originals, except the superb Promising Young Woman.  Entertainment is pretty good though, always coming up with something worth watching and a decent back catalogue.

Ferrari2718
Advocate

A so many adverts. It's really annoying and makes me want to leave now tv. Sad times. 

cherdawn
Scholar 2

Been a long time since I received any emailed offers  So have decided to leave Now on 7th July when my current pass ends, Might return if I were to receive any offers in the future but don't think this is going to happen and with all the generous offers people are currently on will possibly dry up in the future with then plowing ahead with there new business model

0 Thanks
starman73
Expert 3

Regarding offers, I got £1/month for 2 months entertainment in mid-June and £19.97/month for 3 months Sports that has to be taken up by 13th July.  I suspect a Cinema offer is fairly imminent.  I suspect that from 15th July onwards there will be a lot of cancellations…

GT21
Advocate

Why should we pay extra to remove ads? We’re paying already for a service. They should be paying us!

David1965f1
Advocate

i have just had the same convo with my wife. This is just greed, I have pay tv so I don’t have to watch adverts. I to will be leaving as soon as I can. I’m finding I never watch now tv anyway. Netflix is better so tends to watch that. Waste of money now tv 

0 Thanks
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@David1965f1 

Cancellation deals for Boost. I’m paying £1 a month and I’m not getting adverts.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, I am simply a NOW customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service and like you I am still a customer. For any account issues you’ll need to contact staff via customer support.
0 Thanks
Pete_wc
Advocate

Like many others here I was dismayed to find that NowTV now injects adverts into programmes.  This will be the last time I use them until they reverse this annoying and greedy decision.