cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Soulcal24
Scholar 3

Software version 8.0.3 build 4230

Hi. Any members of NOW TV know why I can downgrade software version how says in forced software that version 8.0.3 build 4230 but can go back to 8.0.3 build 4227

25 REPLIES 25
Soulcal24
Scholar 3

@schnapps @4268 Is there a software bug because if I update my stick or black box to 8.0.3 build 4230 I can downgrade back to 8.0.3 build 4227 if I do forced software update.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Soulcal24

The same thing is showing on my nowtv smart Freeview box where like you if i attempt to force a software update by going into the secret menu it offers me the previous firmware version 8.0.3 build 4227.

I haven't tried the forced software update due to that for me 8.0.3 build 4230 seems pretty stable and under the new search engine feature you can now search for Director, Actor or Apps which i have been asking for ages Smiley Happy

Perhaps somebody from the nowtv team can answer your question, why there is an option to roll back the software version on your nowtv devices, where it's sounds to me like a bug or an error in the software version number ?

Soulcal24
Scholar 3

@schnapps Who is best person from NOW TV to ask if there is a software bug 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Soulcal24

I will tag @Karl-F the Community Forum Manager in your thread here to see if their Tech Team can look into it.

Out of curisoity have you rolled back the software version on your devices or left them on the current build 4230 ?

Soulcal24
Scholar 3

Left them both on build 4230 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Soulcal24

Just checked my nowtv smart box again and was going to force a software update to roll back to build 4227, but noticed now that once going into the secret platform menu it only offers me to update from the build 4230 to the same build version 4230 which i would normally expect unless there was a newer software version available to download.

So it looks like for me my nowtv smart box is now behaving normal again.

Have you double checked your nowtv devices since this afternoon to see what software versions are available when going into the secret menu to perform a forced software update ?

Edit - Ignore the above, where i just realised that another nowtv device that i have temporary hooked up to the same TV is showing the above results, where my nowtv smart Freeview box is still offering me the older software version build 4227.

Going to roll back my nowtv smart box to build 4227 to see what happens.

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi All, 

Thanks for letting us know, we're getting our team to look into this. 

Once we receive an update I shall let you know. 

Karl

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @schnapps

Just so we can get into the same place as you guys, can you confirm how you are accessing the secret menu, is it: Settings->System->System Update?

Thanks,

Karl

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Karl-F

Nope, using the secret menu by clicking Home x 5, FF x 3 and RW x 2 buttons on the RC to force an option of a software update on the box.

For me it only effects my NowTV (Freeview) smart box, where my other nowtv box seems fine.