cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RoyB Mentor 1
Mentor 1

Re: Pairing remote to 2nd tv

@schnapps @Frannibobs 

I read it that Frannibobs wants to pair one remote with two NowTV devices at the same time.

I would have thought that pairing it with the second device would unpair it from the first, so this couldn’t be done?

I can control 2 TVs with one remote, as TVs aren’t paired as such, but only because they are both Samsungs with the same remote codes.

But I concur with you about buying a new Stick; at £19.99 with two Entertainment Months, worth up to £15.98, the Stick is effectively £4.01

And you’d have to be going some to beat that price with a secondhand Stick with no remote, which I would regard as essentially worthless.

If my posting answered your question, please click ‘Accept Answer’.
If you liked my posting, please click ‘Thanks’.
If you disagree with my posting, say so below, and I will see if I need to mend my ways 🙂
Frannibobs
Occasional Poster

thanks for the advice

much appreciated!

0 Thanks
Frannibobs
Occasional Poster

thanks for the reply

much appreciate the info... off to the shops!

0 Thanks
ACR224
First Poster

Silly question, but where do I find the settings? Is it on the now tv main screen? I’m having the same issue. Set the stick up on my main tv and then have moved it to daughters room, remote works but volume and power button does not and I’ve tried re-pairing with the stick. Thanks! 

0 Thanks
schnapps Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @ACR224 

On your NowTV box or stick go to Settings > Then select Remotes > Then select Remote > Then select Set Up Remote for TV control.

Highlighted
RoyB Mentor 1
Mentor 1

@ACR224 

Just to amplify this, the remote actually does two pairing processes, one with the Stick, and one with the TV.

So if you take the Stick off the first TV and plug it into the second, all the Stick features can still be controlled from the remote, but unless the second TV is the same as or very similar to the first one, make and perhaps model, it won’t recognise the codes being sent from the remote for On/Off and Volume.

Hence the likely need to reset the TV pairing of the remote, as @schnapps has explained.

If my posting answered your question, please click ‘Accept Answer’.
If you liked my posting, please click ‘Thanks’.
If you disagree with my posting, say so below, and I will see if I need to mend my ways 🙂
0 Thanks