cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New Stick, missing icons...

Hi guys,

As above. Got me a new Stick today, installed/activated etc. and updated but I'm missing icons for some of my apps... from memory; iPlayer, Netflix and the Sky Store.

Any ideas? I just get a get icon Smiley Sad

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Are the Apps mentioned missing on the Stick My App section or the thumb nail picture of the App is just missing ?

If the Apps are there but no icon picture with the App, then maybe try rebooting both the stick and router by temporary disconnecting the power for 30 secs.

Should you have no luck with the above, then perhaps try a forced software update by pressing Home 5 times, FF 3 times and RW 2 times on your stick remote controller (update the software even if on the same version number).

If that doesn't work try removing the Apps mentioned and then re install back again by going into the stick Apps Store.

Last resort factory reset the stick by pressing the reset button on the stick for about 6 secs or go into the stick menu settings.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Are the Apps mentioned missing on the Stick My App section or the thumb nail picture of the App is just missing ?

If the Apps are there but no icon picture with the App, then maybe try rebooting both the stick and router by temporary disconnecting the power for 30 secs.

Should you have no luck with the above, then perhaps try a forced software update by pressing Home 5 times, FF 3 times and RW 2 times on your stick remote controller (update the software even if on the same version number).

If that doesn't work try removing the Apps mentioned and then re install back again by going into the stick Apps Store.

Last resort factory reset the stick by pressing the reset button on the stick for about 6 secs or go into the stick menu settings.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks! Forced the software update but no joy. Manually removing then re-adding the affected apps appears to have done the trick Smiley Wink

Thank you.