cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV Box has never worked and the LiveChat are useless

Hi,

I am absolutely disgusted with the level of service I have recieved so far. 6 weeks ago I bought my father a NowTV box with a three month entertainment pass, specifically so he could catch up with Game of Thrones

However, when he went to activate it online, the system seems to be caught in a glitch that it keeps requesting payment details and despite entering them on several occasions, he can not progress past that point. Both he and I have spent numerous hours now trying to sort this out and the Live Chat team are like robots and have ended the conversation on us when things get too difficult. We have been promised that we would have a response within 48 hours on several occasions and not received anything and then have to start the process again. In the meantime the Game of Thrones boxsets are now offline and the whole reason I bought my dad the box has gone. I have never been so appalled at customer service in my life.

We have tried making contact on social media and just get palmed off with bog standard responses that do not take into account any of the information we have given. I have even requested a refund and had the conversation ended by the live chat staff. This is outrageous and needs to be sorted. What we would like is to be able to speak to somebody on the phone who will actually get to the bottom of the problem and resolve it.

Please help! This should not be difficult but it has taken over 5 weeks so far. It is unacceptable and so frustrating. In the meantime I will be cancelling my own subscription.

Thank you.

K

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Since I have posted this I have had two further Live Chat conversations ended without my permission. Your man Vinay tells me to wait a few minutes while he looks into the case. He then asks a question which suggests he hasnt really grasped the situation and before I can respond the conversation is ended. 

Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User @Anonymous User is Now team. He should be able to help you.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem with my Smart Box (NOT so smart !). It would work through my EE 4G dongle, but would not connect to Bath Wireless WiFi. Live Chat have been completely useless, and now cannot even get back onto EE dongle. Looked at returning it, but bought fromm Curry's but they will only take it back in unopened box !