cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StuartCutting
Contributor 2

New Smart box HDMI CEC?

Hi

Can anyone who has this new box tell me if it supports HDMI CEC so that if the TV is currently on another HDMI input when you interact with the Now remote it will switch over the input to Now TV? Also if it is able to power on the tv when pressed please?

0 Thanks
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Andy-S
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Re: New Smart box HDMI CEC?

Hey @schnapps

The team have got back to me 🙂

So this is currently not enabled on any of our NOW TV Boxes however it will be coming in the future across all of our NOW TV Boxes

15 Replies
schnapps Legend 5
Legend 5

@StuartCutting

On my Panasonic TV with the Veria Link (HDMI CEC) function setup, there is no interaction with the new NowTV smart box.

Don't know if any other users have had any success ?

StuartCutting
Contributor 2

That's a shame if so as I too have a Panasonic TV with Viera link. Thanks for the quick reply. Smiley Happy

0 Thanks
schnapps Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy-S

Just for clarification am i right in saying that the new NowTV smart box is not HDMI CEC certified or compatible with any TV manufacturer ?

0 Thanks
Andy-S
NOW TV Team (Retired)

My honest answer @schnapps is that I don't know.

But let me find out for you, might take a few days though.

Andy

Andy-S
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Hey @schnapps

The team have got back to me 🙂

So this is currently not enabled on any of our NOW TV Boxes however it will be coming in the future across all of our NOW TV Boxes

StuartCutting
Contributor 2

Thanks for finding out @Andy-S. Glad it is on it's way at some point. Smiley Happy

0 Thanks
Andy-S
NOW TV Team (Retired)

No problem at all @StuartCutting, it's what we do 🙂

0 Thanks
SeeMoreDigital Champion 5
Champion 5

@Andy-S wrote:

That's good... As long as you can turn it off 😉

• If I've been helpful please press the THANKS button • If I've been really helpful please also press the ACCEPT SOLUTION button • Please note: I'm not a NOW TV employee, I'm a regular NOW TV customer, like you! •

LG TV 1 = Model no: 43UH668V | Software: 04.30.70 | OS: webOS 3.31 • LG TV 2 = Model no: 65UH770V | Software: 04.31.10 | webOS •

All TV's = NOW TV app: 2.27.0 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • Networking Spec = ISP: Virgin Media (75Mbps) | Devices connection type: Wired | IP address type: Fixed (device permitting) •

0 Thanks
MiklosD
Occasional Poster

Hi,

Is the CEC support still on the roadmap? Is there a plan when this feature will be enabled?

0 Thanks