cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
herojan
Expert

Re: HD channels flicker at bottom of TV screen

I must apologise, I must be losing my faculties in my old age.

I checked my TV and it is set to Just Scan and I have no flicker on freeview, so I am talking rubbish.

• Roku Streaming Stick+ | S/W 8.1.0 | Now TV app v3.12.132 | Wifi (DHCP)
• Internet - Plusnet Fibre @ 36M

0 Thanks
rphopkins
Mentor

@Anonymous User

I see the desktop version of this site is better for adding links and files.

IMG_3534.JPG

Video of flashing lines

0 Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @rphopkins

Those links aren't working 😞 and on your other post it is just a picture of the back of your TV.

Would you be able to check those links or upload a short video so we can get this looked at.

Can you also just confirm the make of your TV 🙂

Andy

0 Thanks
rphopkins
Mentor

Hi @Anonymous User
The video is linked by the text 'Video of flashing lines', tap or click on it. My tv is a Panasonic and the photo picture is the model details. I hope these help.

Regards
Richard
jobbie8
Scholar

Yes, my issue is the same as the posted video.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having the same issue with 2 smart boxes. I've tried it on 2 different Sony TV'show, one running a Bravia3 engine and another a Brava 2. Same fault occurs on both in HD. Tried different HD cables, no issues on the TV's using their own built in free view tuner.
0 Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Oh and it only happens on full frame pictures, not when the black banners are there in anamorphic.
0 Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I Recently purchased a new sony bravia XD80 T.V and connected my now tv smart box via hdmi. I noticed a break in the image at the very bottom of the tv display, best described as a thin jumpy white line. This only occurs on Hd channels and when the box display is set at 1080p.

To note i tried a direct aerial connection to my t.v with no evidence of this break in screen. It seems to occur when connected via the now tv box and a 1080p display setting. The 720p setting is fine, however i would like to obtain the best viewing setting for my t.v. Any advice would be appreciated.

0 Thanks
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

I Recently purchased a new sony bravia XD80 T.V and connected my now tv smart box via hdmi....

Hi @Anonymous User,

What's the exact model number of your television?

Cheers

0 Thanks