Re: Activation plugin not downloaded:-4

Hi tried mobile aswell as internet and no joy
I think it is the box
0 Thanks
Justinforbes
First Poster

None of these fixes work.

I contacted CS and they are aware but you have to wait for them to email you. They will not give a timeframe for this fix but it's widespread.

0 Thanks
EclipseDj
Occasional Poster

@schnapps wrote:

Hi @Rammer

This is a bit of a long shot and i am not sure you can access the secret menu at whatever stage you are stuck on with the error message on the smart box.

Hopefully the box as already connected to your wifi network after the error message is shown on your TV screen.

Perhaps try pressing the Home button on the remote 5 times, quickly followed by pressing the FF button 3 times then quickly press the RW button  2 times and if it does open the secret screen then update the software (even though the software version may be the same currently on your box).

Thanks for the secret menu tip off. I managed to access it even with this error and selected a factory reset via here after trying the reset button previously without success, and this time it worked. I now have a working box again.

theskrebs
First Poster

Hi all.

I had the same problem. activation plugin not downloaded. Followed the steps to access the secret menu and selected factory reset. Seems to have worked. 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Topazthe1st
First Poster

Hi I’ve had my replacement box for 2months and still not being able connect and says , Activation plugin not downloaded:-4 glad I have a Amazon Fire Stick as a back up much easier to use out of the box 

NOW TV BOX SET FOR RECYCLING 

0 Thanks