cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

error code 014

hi, ive tried everything i can think of but cant connect. keep getting error 014 . sorry for grammer on smart tv browser.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

Give the following the instructions a go to fix this: NOW TV error 014 

Regards,

Michael

NOW TV Team

View solution in original post

524 REPLIES 524
Anonymous User
Not applicable

This error 014 issue appears to be widespread and continuing.  Would it be too much to ask that a member of the Now TV team reports progress on a daily basis on this thread.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm also having problems with error code 014. So far, I have tried disabling pings, changing WiFi channel, rebooting both box and router, and doing a factory reset on the box. Nothing works. The live chat was totally useless and basically told me I'd have to wait until Sky get their digits out of their rectums and provide a fix. I requested a refund, but was told that I'd have to wait for an email about that as well.

I always expect rubbish customer service from Sky/Murdoch owned companies, but Now TV have taken it to a new level.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had this problem with my nowtv box for quite a while so I decided to phone my internet provider, Virgin Media. It appears they had a technical problem whereby Virgin media Wifi networks became hidden from my box, and only they could fix this glitch. After phoning them, the unknown glitch was immediately sorted at their end, by pressing the buttons on the procedure, this problem wouldn't have been sorted. Hope this helps anyone having the same problem!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

I bought 2 Now TV boxes in December. They have both been working perfectly up to now, no problems with connection.

As of a couple of days ago the one in my daughters bedroom has lost the connection to the network and now wont reconnect. I've tried powering off the box and restarting it, resetting the box, resetting the router, the "014 error message disable pings" thing, manually entering he network name and password as a private network but no joy, it will not reconnect at all, just keeps on showing the 014 error message.

Wifi network is showing in the list of available ones and showing 4 bars.

The box in the kitchen is running fine and we have several devices running off the wifi so the signal is there.

We have Sky broadband through a Sky Hub.

Any help?

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having same problem have disabled pings and tried the correction for another error as suggested. That didn't work dud to no internet! All other devices working fine and connect to Internet iPhone, iPad, laptop etc
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

I have just sent you an email. Please check you inbox and junk mail.

Regards,

Aman

NOW TV Team 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Got over the initial nightmare after trying 50 things, now it's stalling on 'updating' software
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I have tried all listed steps to remedy this issue with my box, and none of them work.

Can anyone help please before I switch to one of the other services?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User which steps? I assume disabling pings? Guest wifi? Renaming the 5 Ghz SSID to something slightly different to the 2.4 one? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi, yes I tried all of the stated fixes, and nothing works