cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Re: Now TV box not connecting to WIFI

Hi, my now to box will not connect to my virgin broadband. Any ideas please as I will cancel my subscriptions if this is not resolved promptly. Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

First things first. Can you please confirm the model of your NOW TV playback device?

Is it the NOW TV 'white' (Roku LT) box? Which looks like this: -

white.png

Is it the NOW TV 'black' (4200SK - Roku 3) box? Which looks like this: -

black.jpg

Is it the NOW TV 'smart' (4500SK - NOW TV) box? Which looks like this: -

product-img-smartbox_v4

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello

it is the NOW TV 'white' (Roku LT)

''I have reset it and tried the secret screen.

just stopped working this week due to no connection.

thanks

neeta

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Have you tried re-booting your router by disconnecting the power, waiting 30 seconds and reconnecting the power?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have yes. I think it is time to cancel as this is too frustrating.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi again @Anonymous User,

How long have you had your 'white' NOW TV box? Sadly it might have reached the end of it's useful life Smiley Sad

The original white boxes are really showing their age now as their processing power is pretty limited when it comes to running some of todays third-party apps. Some people have had some success deleting apps and/or reseting their white boxes to free up memory. However, if the problem persits you're probably better off treating yourself to the newer 'black' NOW TV box.

By contrast, the 'black' boxes which were released in Aug 2015 offer twice the RAM memory and a faster 'dual' core CPU. And can be connected to the internet via WiFi or wired ethernet.

Every now and again, various retails offer NOW TV 'bundle' deals, where you can buy a 'black' box together with either 'Entertainment' or 'Cinema' voucher passes for a lot less than buying the two products separately.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

What a shame, thank you for your guidance, do you know if there is a new white box? I have purchased a white serif Tv and already annoyed that now to wont work on it; at least the white box blends in😩 Thanks again.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

What a shame, thank you for your guidance, do you know if there is a new white box? 

Hi @Anonymous User,

Sadly, NOW TV don't currently offer a 'white' box....