cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Old box, new account

I have a old now TV box that I got from my parents. Can I use my account on this box (it has already been used with another account)?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Yeah, no problem.

What i would suggest is to factory reset the box by pushing a pin in the small reset hole at the rear of the box for about 30 secs, until you see the Lets get started message on your TV screen, then just enter your WiFi and nowtv account details.

Job done Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Yeah, no problem.

What i would suggest is to factory reset the box by pushing a pin in the small reset hole at the rear of the box for about 30 secs, until you see the Lets get started message on your TV screen, then just enter your WiFi and nowtv account details.

Job done Smiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a old black now tv box around 4 years old or longer & the account for the box was in my name so thought to connect it to my av amp/tv & internet lead plug in,turned it on the white came on & started blinking thought it maybe to old to use but now tv came on my tv screen & the white light stopped blinking dont know why it was blinking but I got full screen with menu & sky movies etc & apps on offer downloaded pluto app for free films etc,I have been looking on now help for if using very old now box would it work for HD & digital sound etc, but with no joy of answers,was thinking of buying a updated new box  or maybe a now stick to get up to date HD etc,so does anybody know if my old now box will be updated by Now tv or do I buy a new box or stick to get HD & sounds.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I am guessing your box was blinking with the white light because it was doing various firmware and software updates especially if you haven't used or switched the box on recently.

The older nowtv black box is compatible with the Boost Pass which offers a bump in PQ & SQ to 1080p HD and 5.1 surround sound.

You need to go into your nowtv box audio settings and set the audio to Dolby Digital Plus or Auto and your AV Amp needs to be able to encode DD+ to either output DD+ or down convert to Dolby Digital.

Perhaps try the 7 day free trial for the Boost Pass before committing to the additional cost of £3 per month.

More information in this link below about the Boost Pass and the maximum streaming quality available on NowTV will different devices.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-now-tv-boost 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-highest-streaming-quality-for-my-device 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

NEED HELP SETTING UP