cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Becclescake
Advocate

Re: Now box won't connect to the Internet

I have changed the channel on my router to 1 which seems to have solved the internet connection problem. It finally connects, but now bizarrely won't let me sign in to my Now TV account on the TV (it works fine on the website). Suggestions? 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Birgit-R
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Hi @Becclescake 

Thanks for getting in touch.

Sorry to hear that 😞

Can you make sure your Box is up to date? You can follow the sequence: 

1. Home (x5)
  2. Fast Forward (x3)
  3. Rewind (x2)

This will force an update. Once this is done, please try again to sign in.

Let us know how it went 🙂

Regards,

Birgit

NOW TV Team

artesea Legend 5
Legend 5

@Bentos88 wrote:
Mine just won't find the box to connect to, it's seemingly vanished even though my internet is working on everything else. Even if I try and manually add the network it doesn't work. Its ZyXEL through home communications. Never had a problem before with the connection

@Bentos88 you say the router is a ZyXEL do you have the model number. I'm pretty much certain I know what the issue is and what caused it to happen, however the only fix right now would be to change your routers channel away from 12 or 13 to anything between 1 and 11 (with 1, 6 or 11 being prefered).

-----
I'm a Community Contributor not staff, so whilst I know a lot about the service I will be unable to help with any account issues.
Did you find this post useful, why not give some Thanks?
Bentos88
Advocate

Yep the number is AMG1302-T10B I might seem daft but I really don't know get how to change the channel

0 Thanks
artesea Legend 5
Legend 5

@Bentos88 I would expect you to know, hopefully this guide on KCs website should sort you out

http://www.kc.co.uk/help-and-support/articles/how-do-i-change-my-wireless-wifi-channel/

You'll ideally need a PC or Laptop connected to the router, but it is possible on a tablet or mobile.

-----
I'm a Community Contributor not staff, so whilst I know a lot about the service I will be unable to help with any account issues.
0 Thanks
Bentos88
Advocate

Yep honestly don't have a clue, never heard of it before today. Thank you for your help and I will try this and hopefully have some luck

0 Thanks
artesea Legend 5
Legend 5

@Bentos88, the problems with replying on a mobile. I was trying to say "I wouldn't expect you to know". Hopefully the help page will get you in the right direct.

-----
0 Thanks
gar01
Advocate

After the recent software update my box could not detect my network.the remedy was to change my router channel to 11, this made my network visible again and i was able to connect to it.hope this helps.

Bentos88
Advocate

Thank you for your help, I've managed to change the router channel and its found the connection straight away. However when I was first fiddling about with it I think I did either a system reset or a factory reset and all the channels/apps have disappeared. Does anyone know how I can get them back? Now tv, any ideas?

0 Thanks
Birgit-R
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Hi @Bentos88 

Thanks for your post.

You should be able to go to Roku Channel store and re-download the apps from there. Is there any specific channel/app you are talking about?

Regards,

Birgit

NOW TV Team

0 Thanks