cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV box has suddenly stopped working.

Now TV Box been working fine till tonight then suddenly stopped working.Tried restting by pushing in the pin to restore it sees my network I enter correct password it goes through cycle then tells me cannot connect?I have a Virgin Media Superhub and all other devices connect to it fine.One of the suggestions I have seen is to check for udates via settings but when you do a reset you cannot get to that screen if it does not connect to the network wireless?

Suggestions would be areciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User it might be a bug with the latest firmware, however the temporary fix requires you making a change in the router. If you know how to log in to it you need to change the channel it uses from Auto, 12 or 13 to anything else (1, 6 and 11 are the recommended ones).
If you have no idea about changing settings on your router this guide from Virgin should help. 

View solution in original post

173 REPLIES 173
Anonymous User
Not applicable

My Now TV Box has stopped working.... Again.  This happened a few weeks ago too.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

does anyone know or have the same problem we have recently had a new heating system put in and every time it comes on it plays havoc with the now tv did it with a black box and also does it on roku its so annoying

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Thats an odd one.. Does your new heating system happen to connect to WiFi? and how do you connect the box? Have you tried a wired connection on your box to see if it works ok, and of course a router restart.

Can you explain what exactly happens and by what you mean by plays havoc.

Legend 5
Legend 5
@Anonymous User are you able to 5ghz internet?
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

My Now Tv box has stopped working! It basically now flashes on the now tv screen then when you press any button goes off!
I've pressed reset button and put internet in again but back to the large purple Now Tv screen and can't get further less than 12 months old and just paid for movies!!!

Thanks in advance
Anonymous User
Not applicable

My NowTV box worked fine, yesterday it cut out and now it won't load just has the flashing light on it. I have reset it. It's not working at all.
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

There was an issue causing this yesterday, but it should be resolved now. Try removing the power cable for a minute and then reconnecting. If this doesn't help, NOW TV are asking customers to get in touch by clicking the link you will find in the last post on the following page

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Service-Status/NOW-TV-box-issues-18-10-2016/m-p/403208#M353

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My now tv (white) box wont come on it was working fine then the next morning I can't get any sign of life. There is no light on the front nothing. I have tried reseting the box for 30 sec. I have followed all the instructions on the website and forums and still nothing.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Sorry to hear this.

Have you checked that the fuse is ok in the plug ?

The electric socket is working with other devices ?

All cables are pushed firmly into the box ?

I would even try leaving the box unplugged for a few hours and try again just to see if that makes any difference.

Cheers

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is happening to me also. No sign of life.